Astro Blog

purplefishy

Hi everyone- I don't usually post messages like this, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I have created an astrology-based blog on Blogger.com, and I'd like any suggestions to make it useful for other people. Do you have any links or ideas? the Url is: http://signsandplanets.blogspot.com -Thanks for any input, because right now there isn't a lot posted.

dadsnook2000

Blog comment

I find that the type size is too small, especially for the font you use. Same font at a larger size would work nicely. You have created a lot of work for yourself to maintain this site -- it has a lot of up-to-date information. Have fun. Dave

purplefishy

Thank you for your input! I have changed the font- it is medium. I'd like to be able to use the same font as before, but I don't know how (I am no HTML goddess that's for sure). I think the medium size is better.
You are right that it is some work, but it isn't meant to be a formal "astrology" site per se. It is just my thoughts about different topics, maybe some quotes from other places at times, info, that kind of thing. There's a lot of reference material on there that people can use for updated information.

dadsnook2000

More comment . .

I have a friend, Martha Wescott, who runs the Treehouse Mountain website. She is an authority on asteroids. I know she works brutal hours maintaining her site along with her writings and astrological practice. I am building my website now for my soon-to-be-launched tarot-related business. I just hope its maintenance won't take too much time from the business end of things. I guess it all starts out as a labor-of-love. Let us hope it stays that way. Dave.

isthmus nekoi

What might be neat, purplefishy, is if you blogged like those daily card threads in the Your Readings forum. So after you post the transit, you comment on how that manifested in your actual life.

And since we're talking about astro blogs, I love this one:
http://www.skywatchastrology.com

isthmus nekoi

dadsnook2000 said:
I am building my website now for my soon-to-be-launched tarot-related business. I just hope its maintenance won't take too much time from the business end of things. I guess it all starts out as a labor-of-love. Let us hope it stays that way. Dave.

Good luck w/that Dave! I have to say, in my experience, it's crucial to get a host that not only matches your needs but has good customer support. If you need suggestions for more basic stuff, just PM although some might deal in Canadian currency...