Wand

psychic sue

Can anyone give me advice on finding a wand and decorating it?

Also, should I put a crystal on the end ?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Sue

PandoraFaery

you can make it out of a branch. if you want to take one from a tree ask it first and then sya thank you after and tie a ribbon where you cut off the branch. you dont have to do anything to it. it's personaly preference. you could use a plain branch if you wanted. but if you're going to carve, do it BEFORE it dries or the wood will crack.
depending on what you want to use it for, you could choose a type of tree accordingly.

Utuku

heh, sorry, but how do you know if the tree is saying 'no'? ^^; Humans generally have a hard enough time accepting "no" for an answer when it's another human that says it out loud, and since trees don't talk the same way, how do you know when it's saying "no"? (that's a better way to put my initial question.)

rainwolf

I made a wand out of an orange tree branch. Its very strong, and special because i live in a town known nationally for oranges. I found it on the ground already fallen off, but i dont care what others say about cutting one off--i like this one a lot!

Simone

Utuku said:
heh, sorry, but how do you know if the tree is saying 'no'? ^^; Humans generally have a hard enough time accepting "no" for an answer when it's another human that says it out loud, and since trees don't talk the same way, how do you know when it's saying "no"? (that's a better way to put my initial question.)

Quite right :) but then, if you do not hear the no, will you hear the yes? ;)

I think that if you really are in contact with nature and it's "population" of plants and animals, you will "feel" the answer.

Once upon a time long ago, I went out cutting sticks... I still was not very aware about my surroundings, but I strongly felt the tree's resentment when I cut off one of the budding twigs... too late, alas, all I could do was apologise.

The more I get in contact and in tune, the more astonishing things happened... like raspberry bushes directing me to their ripest fruit, or one day, I was out to pick oak leaves for a friend. She wanted to decorate her wedding altar with them, as it is her favourite tree.

So I went out, but all the trees were too high for me to reach the leaves, and
those I could reach had some kind of parasite, they were all gnarled and ugly... so on I went and asked the trees for "good" leaves. Imagine my surprise when a few steps later, a small twig with a clump of good leaves landed at my feet :D:D:D

psychic sue

I found one! It had already fallen off a lavender bush. I said thank you.

I haven't carved it or anything. I wrapped silver metal thread around it and managed to prize open a keyring-type hook thing (took me an hour!) and fitted an amethyst inside (my birth stone) and fitted it into the end of the wand.

I need your help again now! Do I have to bless it or conscerate it? If so, how do I do that?

Just want to thank you all for your input too. It's quite true what you say, the branch was on the ground amongst others, but it stood out for some reason. It was literally the first one I saw. I carried on looking for a while, but this one seemed special.

EricTheHermit

Hi, Sue -

Are you a Wiccan or pagan? Here's a Wiccan ritual for consecrating a wand:

Supplies in addition to circle casting supplies:
The wand you wish to consecrate
White candle for consecration flame

Cast your circle. (If you aren't Wiccan, you can visualize a circle of light around you)

Pick up the wand, saying:
"I have chosen this wand to assist me in my work."

Visualize the wand being cleared of any negativity, especially if it has had a previous owner. Continue till the wand feels clear to you. Now visualize positive energy flowing from you, down you arm and into the wand. Visualize a strong white light flowing through your body to the tool. Feel it absorb the positive energies. Touch it to a pentacle, saying:

"In the names of the Goddess and God (or use any names you wish), I bless and make sacred this wand, tool of my craft. I charge this wand by the element of Earth."

Point the wand towards the North, saying:
"May the powers of the Earth cleanse and fill the wand I have chosen."

Pass the wand through the smoke of incense, saying:
"In the names of the Goddess and God (or use any names you wish), I bless and make sacred this wand, tool of my craft. I charge this wand by the element Air."

Point the wand to the East, saying:
"May the powers of the Air cleanse and fill the wand I have chosen."

Pass the wand through the candle flame, saying:
"In the names of the Goddess and God (or use any names), I bless and make sacred this wand, tool of my craft. I charge this wand by the element Fire."

Point the wand to the South, saying:
"May the powers of Fire cleanse and fill the wand I have chosen."

Sprinkle the wand with water, saying:
"In the names of the Goddess and God (or use any names), I bless and make sacred this wand, tool of my craft. I charge this wand by the element Water."

Point the wand to the West, saying:
"May the powers of water cleanse and fill the wand I have chosen."

"This tool is now ready, being consecrated and charged to assist me in my work. So mote it be."

Perform other workings if you wish, then close your circle.

To consecrate, cleanse and charge other tools, you can follow the above ritual, just substitute the name of the chosen tool instead of saying "wand."

It's good that you're using a fallen branch instead of cutting one off, and that you thanked the tree. That is a blessing onto the wand. It will work better, from what I've read.

- Eric

psychic sue

Thanks so much for that Eric.

I am a "sue-ist" ! I take what I want from other beliefs/religions and have made up my own!

I will follow the ritual and once again, thanks.

Sue

LilRed

An Idea

Do I have to bless it or conscerate it? If so, how do I do that?

If you are going to bless it or consecrate it is up to you, your instinct and beliefs. I would, but I also clean every card and the entire deck with incense when I get a new one. Someone else touched one of my decks while I had it out, with out checking with me so I am going to cleanse the entire deck again, that is just how I am.

Depending on what you will use it for, your beliefs, and practices the different rituals will vary, this is one that I use from the book “Faery Magick” by Sirona Knight.

Cleanse the wand with cedar and sage, either or, frankincense, myrhh or a combination of them.

Do this at dawn, noon, twilight or midnight, depending on what time you are more comfortable with or you have time during.

Consecrate with the five elements Earth (soil), Air (incense), Fire (flame), Water (water), and Spirit (herbal oil). For example rub some clean soil over the wand, pass the wand through the incense smoke, pass it over a flame, sprinkle it with a little water, and then rub in a few drops of oil.

As you apply each one say
“With this Element, I consecrate this tool to the helpful fairies. So be it! Blessed be!”
(You can change the words to suit you.)

Present it to the directions of North, East, South, West and Center in that order. Then she suggests saying;

“I charge this tool by the Ancient Ones,
By the divine powers and blessings of the helpful faeries,
By the powers of the sun, moon, planets and stars,
By the powers of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit
I consecrate this magickal tool.
May it serve me well.
So be it! Blessed be!”
(You can change the words to suit you.)

Just trying to give you an idea of a ritual I use, like I said depends on your beliefs, practices, instincts and feelings. If you do a search online on “bless tool”, “consecrate tool”, or any other searches you should find more ideas.

psychic sue

Thanks L for that.

The wand has now been blessed/concerated! It's strange, but I can almost see that it has changed (as well as feel it when I hold it).

Now I need some advice on casting a circle. I have read up on it on the internet, but I would like some advice from people who have actually done it, and what they recommend.

Thanks for everyone's input on this, you are all so generous.

Sue x