Lost and the Tarot

Free Flight

In light of Pipistrelle's comments on desperate housewives and the tarot, I just thought I would do a little plagarism and start a thread on Lost and the tarot. In Australia we are only about 4 weeks so no spoilers please.

My theories

Jack: King Wands.
Kate: Queen on Wands
Locke: High Priestess
Charlie: Knight of Cups with elements of the devil.
Male of the Korean couple: Moon
Female of the Korean couple: Sun
Pregnant Aussie girl: Star.

Thats all the cast members I can think of and in retropect my groupings look bad.
Cmon are there any other fans out there?

April

Oh yayyyy! My favorite show! I was mad tonight cause we had a rerun in the States.

Before I read you post I thought Locke=High Priestess and Claire (aka Pregnant Aussie Girl)=Star. Right on!

Isn't the Korean woman's name Sun? That's funny.

Okay, I'll try a few.
Sayid=Magician or 8 of Pentacles
Michael tries to be the Emperor but it's not quite working out.
I think Michael's son, Walt, has a little bit of High Priestess in him too.
Shannon=Queen of Pentacles (I would have said Princess cause she like totally is one, but most of my decks don't have princesses)
Boone, I think, is the Knight of Swords.
I wanted to think of the perfect one for Hurley cause he's one of my favorites but I suck so I'll leave it to someone else.

Peace,
April

Chronata

Walt's the Magician...or maybe even the Devil...
and Hurley is the epitome of the Wheel of Fortune

I am liking the other ideas so far!

April

Chronata said:
and Hurley is the epitome of the Wheel of Fortune

Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

I think Sawyer's very Devilish!
On second thought, maybe Locke is the Heirophant. He's always trying to teach everybody something.

Peace,
April

Free Flight

It is Lost night tonight in australia. I am so excited. it is a good show.

April said:
Isn't the Korean woman's name Sun? That's funny.

we haven't been introduced to her yet but that is funny.

April said:
Sayid=Magician or 8 of Pentacles
Magician yes indeed!
April said:
Michael tries to be the Emperor but it's not quite working out.
I think Michael's son, Walt, has a little bit of High Priestess in him too.
Shannon=Queen of Pentacles (I would have said Princess cause she like totally is one, but most of my decks don't have princesses)
Boone, I think, is the Knight of Swords.
We havent been introduced in depth these characters so will trust in your interpretations. Although Shannon would have to be a princess reversed or a queen reversed. She is out of this planet with her princessness (if that is indeed a word!)

Hmm Sawyer I think he may be the knight of wands. Maybe something else though, again dont know him too well yet.

Kaylee Marie

Oooh... this is such a great show! I missed the first half of the season and only started watching about 6 weeks ago. So since I only know what the Aussie's don't, I think I will pass on naming any cards as yet. I have definite ideas, but they're all spoilers. :D

But I'm absolutely loving Lost and this thread.

~Kaylee

Chronata

I have to admit I was up all night thinking about this! (silly...because I so need to sleep!)

Anyway...so far...here's my thoughts

Charlie has Hanged Man energy...(and was literally the hanged man in an episode!)

I think Sawyer is the Tower

Sayid is the Hermit

I think Boone and Shannon are the Lovers

Sun is the Sun...I love that!! and yes...I can definately see Jin, her husband as the Moon

I think Claire is the Empress (although I like the Star as well.)

Locke is sooo very the High Priestess..no question!

Ethan was the Devil

The "French Chick" is Death

I think Jack is actually the Fool, though I can see some Magician qualities as well.

And Kate...I would like to think of her as the Star

I am only thinking Majors at the moment...but I do like some of the court card considerations!

I am such a geek of that show.

Flavio

Nice to discover this thread! Lost premiered last Monday (3 days ago) with 2 episodes I'll put attention to those characters in order to contribute with this thread, here are my comments so far

Jack: The Magician
Hurley: The Page of Coins

Skydancer

Nope - Boone and Shannon can't be the lovers. 'cause!!

Like your other ideas though, Chronata.
And it's the only show I watch anymore (and Medium). Charlie as the Hanged Man .... clever!! ;) Also works as a Cups guy too. Hurley - he said his name once but I can't remember it now - is just about my favorite character. Him, and Said and Locke. Locke as Priest/ess is a good comparison. So capable, and can conjure up about anything. Deep and mysterious.

Sun and Moon - also good. Now you guys have ME thinking along those lines ... I'll be pondering this all day now.

Last night, and next week, are re-runs. Boo hiss ~!

*Skye*

HudsonGray

Hurley's Wheel of Fortune really does fit! His background episode had me laughing! Don't know if anyone caught the 'in joke' of his arrest (he'd played drug dealer characterss on 2 tv shows previously!), he's my favorite after Sayid.

Oh, watch the tv in the background when it comes to the Korean husband's back story--Hurley is on it, you'll find out why when they do Hurley's story. I missed that & watched it again to catch it after reading his interview in USAToday.

Great show! Lots of cycles/circles going now that the storyline is expanded.