Saturn (Ninib) Direct

Fulgour

I decided awhile ago that "I Like Saturn" and have been
working to increase my knowledge, and so appreciation,
of this distant and seemingly misunderstood planet since.

First, let's pigeonhole Kronos-Chronos and his extravagant
carryings on, and look back to earlier, Babylonian sources.
The most frequent name of Saturn in Chaldean astronomy
was Alap-Shamas, meaning “Star of the Sun.”

Ninib was the Babylonian name, and the Greeks used to call
Saturn Phaenon, “The Shining One.” And far from being the
planet of the dark and poisonous metal lead, a chunk of this
gigantic planet is so light it would actually float on water.

Saturn was the god of seeds and
as a birdfeeder: I like Saturn. :)

Saturn Direct
Monday, March 21

The planet of form and structure's return to direct motion
after more than four months in reverse helps to sharpen plans
and firm up goals.

Internal realities reshaped during the retrograde period
can begin to emerge in visible forms when commitment
and self-discipline are applied.

Jeff Jawer (c)2005, StarIQ.com, Inc.

http://www.stariq.com/

Milamber

I get the feeling that Saturn Direct is a positive sign, for me at least. Maybe it'll help peel away "the wall" and get things moving again in my life -- a good time to make plans become reality. Or rather, the end of a bad one.

purplefishy

I feel like it bodes well for my emotional life, because my moon is in Cancer, where Saturn is currently transiting. This has been a difficult thing for me.

TemperanceAngel

purplefishy said:
I feel like it bodes well for my emotional life, because my moon is in Cancer, where Saturn is currently transiting. This has been a difficult thing for me.
Same with me purplefishy and my Moon conjuncts Venus and the Sun is nearby...

Deszroo

Hello...glad to see this post on Saturn turning direct. A sites below... I found...although it is for 2004..last year....its still interesting because of a similar planetary retrograde pattern between last year March and this year March. Though there are different sign/dates for the following: Saturn/Cancer went direct in March 2004. Pluto/Sag went retro a few days after...this year same thing. Jupiter/Virgo was retrograde like Jupiter/Libra now.. while Mercury retrograde last April, started in Taurus; journeying mostly through Aries and went direct in May...this time it will be begin its retrograde in Aries in March and go direct still Aries in April.

So what were you doing last March..April?.

I still keep some of my datebooks..for this very same thing. For me it boils down to being unusually active last year around this same time in the same field of endeavor more or less as this year.. but this time it was my own project in focus and it was a real loner type situation as compared with the very comarade/festive kind last March. I chalk this up to Jupiter/Virgo making trines for me last year. Also things I seeded in '04 March (Jan/Feb)...took expression in the same months of this year.

April '04 right on the threshold of the Mercury retrograde and for other astro reasons then...was a red letter time marking a series of debilities that went on for the year. So I am trying to take care right about now!. Also last March I had a very needed long overdue rendevous with a place and time from my childhood/youth. I pass by the place on various occassions and its like turn off or a sad heavy feeling ..something very depressing that used to haunt me about it all. It was a reminder of success and of failure..of hopes and should haves...of rejection and acceptance.. of a special time, place, and people most gone...never to be again. I had to revisit. It was totally unplanned in the conscious sense. It was very healing. There was something I had to get and also let go.. reconcile with my past....until then it was like that old song "Time in a bottle"..which is how I felt. I never realized thats all it took was to go back and face it/me. It was about my own issues all the time..not really so much the people or the place as I had "believed".

This March (which includes the beginning of this year) I've ended up returning to endeavors and a place that I was involved with last year this time.. both times have been positive for me as opposed to the abovementioned.

Try the excercise of backtracking!...maybe there pattern or similar there for you too.??

http://www.astrostar.com/articles/SaturnTurningDirect_March06.2004.htm

paradoxx

Saturn in Leo means Saturn in my 12th house, I don't like how this is setting up, but then again, Cancer hasn't been a happy place for the lord of time, lots of anxiety and emotional distress. I guess more importantly, a change in the sign is needed so that the more things change, the more they stay the same, truly a Saturn quality.

purplefishy

From Astrologyzone.com:

"Once Saturn leaves your fifth house of original self-expression this summer, in mid-July, all your creative endeavors will seem easier."

I don't understand how she could say that Saturn will be in my 5th house (Pisces natally) by then, seeing as it is currently transiting my 9th house which is the one Cancer is in. Any explanations for this?

Deszroo

Hi...Purplefishy. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the astrologer is working from the point of view of Pisces (your sun sign) rulling the first..(sun sign ruling the first houuse method used when dealing with general horoscope informing). This would put Virgo ruling 7th, Leo ruling 6th, and Cancer (sign Saturn is still presently transiting) ruling 5th. This would fit the info "Once Saturn leaves your fifth house of original self-expression this summer, in mid-July, all your creative endeavors will seem easier". In mid-July is when Saturn enters Leo (and of course a few months later will do the usual retro for a bit back into the previous sign). Saturn/Leo begins the transiting out of the 5th and into the 6th house...with means affairs concerning health, work and other issues connected with the Pisces/Virgo axis will be in focus for that time. Unless you have interceptions covering two houses or something.. Pisces natally rulling your 5th..would mean that Leo rules your 10th...so that natally Saturn begins a very important transit through the highest house in any chart...10th/4th issues will be very significant for the time. Am I correct that you're Scorpio rising?. In that case (along with Uranus transiting your sun sign and ruling planet of Pisces in Aquarius) keep abreast of transits since fixed signs will be under the fire; in the spot light for a while..in fact with the shift of Chiron in Aquarius (not withstanding the retrograde back into Capricorn for a bit)...and soon shift of Saturn to Leo..the spotlight is already beginning ;).

Hope this helps
Deszroo

squeakmo9

Paradoxx:"Saturn in Leo means Saturn in my 12th house, I don't like how this is setting up, but then again, Cancer hasn't been a happy place for the lord of time, lots of anxiety and emotional distress."

Since June 2003 Saturn has been transiting in Cancer in the middle portion of my 11th house and last June stepped into my 12th house. I would have to say that these last 2 years have been a revelation as to how skewed my mind set has been. I've really had to take a good hard look at how I have been behaving and how I have failed to behave in my personal relationships. The impetus for this was experiencing two failed relationships in two years, one more disastrous than the other, causing a good amount of sorrow and distress. It hasn't been a pleasant time but I'm realizing there were things I needed to know about myself, reaching far back into my past (early home life) to find some answers. I also had to learn how to center myself so as to not expend my energies all at once. I find that if I am more conscious of my enviroment and incorporate a bit of discipline (diet, exercise, quiet time) things generally go smoother. I'm not saying that everyone will experience what I did, just wanted to share. Not sure what to expect when Saturn shifts to Leo and eventually my first house, I guess I'll just put my seatbelt on.

purplefishy

Thanks for the reply. You are very correct in assuming that I am a Scorpio rising.
I will consider all the things you've mentioned. Ever since the first of the year, I've felt as if there will be something different about this year.