PDA

View Full Version : Forum lines jumping up and down. :)

aeonx
22-05-2002, 22:30
Why does the 'Citizen Chat'-line and the 'Astrology'-line change places now and then? I've noticed this several times now, and got curious. :)

~aeonx~

Solandia
24-05-2002, 14:53
It depends on whether you are logged into your member account or not.

~ Solandia

aeonx
24-05-2002, 19:14
I'm logged in all the time almost. :) I'm never logged off when I browse the different forums, still the lines are changing places. In fact, they did just now! :D

~aeonx~

Solandia
27-05-2002, 16:54
In that case.. what operating system and browser are you using the view the forum?

~ Solandia

aeonx
28-05-2002, 01:02
Windows 2000 and Internet Explorer. You know, I've been having trouble with the 'New Posts'-icon as well. I tried all sorts of things to get it fixed, but nothing helped. *sigh*

Solandia
28-05-2002, 11:57
Internet Explorer 5 or 6...? Also, what sort of Internet connection do you have?

~ Solandia

aeonx
28-05-2002, 22:40
Internet Explorer 6.0. This computer was linked to several other computers all over the country (big company) not long ago, and I'm not sure of the speed. We've had quite a few problems in relation to this change.

~aeonx~

aeonx
06-06-2002, 23:12
*dumdidum* :)

Solandia
08-06-2002, 18:05
(Thanks for the reminder :)

Hmmm.... if you're accessing the forum from behind a proxy server, then its cache could be contributing to the new posts icon issue. You'd be getting old copies of forum pages instead of the latest versions.

The forum lines jumping up and down problem is a bit strange... I haven't seen that myself and I'm not sure what is causing it. I specify the display order of the boards in the admin settings so the order shouldn't change at all, either. Has anyone else experienced this same issue?

~ Solandia

Kaz
08-06-2002, 18:18
no, i haven't.
unless what is meant by the "jumping" is when the page is loading, say like the chatforum, all the threads that are in that forum are loading. sometimes thid page appears narrow at first and when page is loaded they widen til the normal width. and with page i mean the inside "purples" the stuff above the darkpurple background. but this happens on other pages as well as it has to do with loadingtechnicalities.

kaz

aeonx
08-06-2002, 22:45
Thanx Solandia. ;)

Kaz, the lines just change from time to time. Lets say I check out the Citizen Chat forum, which lies on top, then I step into Astrology for a peek, and when I return, the lines have mysteriously changed places. I don't use the browser's back-button either, but the links on the page.

Ah well, it's not a big deal, but I always wanna know why things happen, also the little ones. ;)

~aeonx~

Sam
19-06-2002, 01:35
i haven't experienced it either!