Negativity brought in on Obsidian? Maybe?

Silverkitten

One Monday we brought home a large 3 1/2 pound chunck of obsidian from the rock shop. We gave it a place of honor sitting pretty on a doily on the entry table. I haven't yet gotten around to taking outside to the stream for a good cleansing. Well, starting yesterday morning, we both woke up in grouchy moods, have had negative attitudes and have been fussing with each other since. I just got off the phone with my husband (he's working nights) and we were arguing. We have been married 20+ years and we just don't fight, we are the best of friends.
Now, do you think that all this could be because I haven't yet properly cleansed the obsidian? Does it Repel or Absorb negative energy? Could it have brought something in on it from the rock shop and all the people that have handled it there?
Or is this all just a coincedince (sp?)?

Thanks & Blessings,
Donna

FantasyWorld

Here is a clip from the Crystal Bible:
It needs careful handling and is best used under the guidance of a qualified therapist as it can bring negative emotions and unpleasant truths rushing to the surface.

However,it could just need to be cleansed. All black stones are good for negativity but will retain it and should probably be cleansed often.

I'm out of time but I hope this info helps:)

The size may make a difference as well since it's very large.

WhiteRaven

FantasyWorld said:
It needs careful handling and is best used under the guidance of a qualified therapist as it can bring negative emotions and unpleasant truths rushing to the surface.

However,it could just need to be cleansed. All black stones are good for negativity but will retain it and should probably be cleansed often.

I need to get those two books you have on crystals.......everytime I see you referring to one I kick myself for not getting them yet.......

ugh!

Silverkitten

FantasyWorld said:

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I feel has been happening. I am going to take it outside and set it in our spring. The sun is shinning today too. So I figure that the nice spring water rushing over it, and the sunshine should be a wonderful cleansing.

Blessings,
Donna

Red Emma

Obsidian qualities

I hope the 'stream therapy' works for silver kitten. Which brings me to a question of my own.

A large piece of obsidian appeared in our house a while back. (Friends and family now and then stay with us for a while, probably someone left it for me knowing that it would be a pleasant surprise.)

Anyhow, and you'd think I would know better, it never occurred to me to cleanse it. Since there's not a stream near our house, would leaving it in the sun for a day cleanse appropriately? Or perhaps, since there will be a full moon tomorrow, put it where the moon will shine all night?

Blessings.

Silverkitten

Red Emma said:
I hope the 'stream therapy' works for silver kitten. Which brings me to a question of my own.

A large piece of obsidian appeared in our house a while back. (Friends and family now and then stay with us for a while, probably someone left it for me knowing that it would be a pleasant surprise.)

Anyhow, and you'd think I would know better, it never occurred to me to cleanse it. Since there's not a stream near our house, would leaving it in the sun for a day cleanse appropriately? Or perhaps, since there will be a full moon tomorrow, put it where the moon will shine all night?

Blessings.

Hi Red Emma,
Don't feel bad, I knew better too. I was going to cleanse it right away, and just got busy. I ended up paying for it.
I have read that cleansing in the sun and/or moonlight for 24 hours is actually better than water cleansing. So, I would go for it. I plan to leave mine out for a few days to take advantage of the full moon as well.

Blessings,
Donna

Gaby

See my other post, about the "mirror" effect... It's a unique stone!

Tarotphelia

Another thought is that all stones don't effect us the same way. Maybe after cleansing and drying, sitting it in a bowl of salt will help. And/or, you might wish to consecrate or program the stone with your intention for it to absorb and repel negativity.