Another Obsidian Question - Very Bizzare

Silverkitten

I had the strangest experience with a small piece last night. It was one of the most bizzare things I've ever had happen.
I have a piece of obsidian that is very thin, about 3 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide, very irregularly edged. It is just a fragmented slice really. It has been very well cleansed (unlike my other large chunk, lol).
Well, I figured that since there was so much negativity going on in the house the past few days, and I had such a negative attitude when I went to bed last night, that I should place this piece under my pillow. I already have amethyst under my pillow to encourage dreaming, so thinking I didn't want any negative dreams, add obsidian, right? Sounds good in theory.

Well, I sat up reading for a while and all was well. I turn out the light, lay my head down on the pillow and boom! It feel like my head is growing. Growing, growing, growing!!! Like it is as big as the bed! I sit up. It goes away. Ok, it must be that I'm really tired. I lay back down, and as soon as my head is on the pillow it start again. Growing, growing..... I sit up again and it goes away. What the...? I turn the light on, sit there for a minute, gather my wits. Everything is cool. Slow down my breathing. Ok, turn out the light, lay back down. As soon as my heat touches the pillow it starts again, it feels like my blasted head is going to burst out of the walls of my bedroom. I'm not kidding, this was like being on some kind of drug. It was surreal. Bizzare!! No words can discribe this. A voice someplace inside me says take the obsidian out from under the pillow. So, without lifting my head, I remove it from under my pillow, and do you know that my head stops instantly from feeling like that! No kidding!! I swear! I set the obsidian on my nightstand, and everything was normal the rest of the night.

So, I would love it if some of you crystal experts could give me some feed back on this experience. It was like some of the hallucinations my friends back in high school used to tell me about when they did mushrooms, LOL.

Blessings,
Donna

Gaby

WOWWWWW! I want one of these!!!!!!!!! Heheheheh!
Seriously, it's well known that obsidian (also black onyx, and even black tourmaline) is a very powerful stone, and its influence is quick and strong. I never felt something like that, but the description sounds very appropiate ro obsidian power. Remember the aztecs: they used obsidian as a "mirror"... to repel bad energies and also for scrying. Obsidian has the property of act like a shield and as a mirror. It protects you, but it also "shows" you a lot of things... Perhaps that was what you felt, the "mirror" effect...
Tell me what happened! Did you try again with it?

Silverkitten

Gaby said:
Perhaps that was what you felt, the "mirror" effect...
Tell me what happened! Did you try again with it?

The mirror effect of what?

No way!!!! I didn't try again! It was a totally freaky feeling for my head to be feeling that way. The rest of my body felt normal, only my head felt huge, no huge would be an understatement, lol.

Deszroo

The pillow is a great place to experiment with crystals or stones....however remember that your head (and all it energy centers/chakra and the like are also there). Obsidian like black tourmaline and other black stones are grounding...heavy....speaking of which hematite is too. Sometimes you might have to use another "lighter" or more compatible stone with it in your case?. Pressure builds..in contact with the receptivity and sensitivity of your head energies and even the pillow itself...they get the emminations of this obsidian..not to mention the mirror effect already mentioned. Black stones even at the root chakra area can be felt after a while a bit too grounding. There are certain colors that are more condusive per the area of the body in question. White/clear, lavender, indigo for the head.....but too you have to be carefull maybe not to overcharge or drain an area and especially with something that may not as compatible for it...but that doesn't mean stone properties and colors won't do in other than their designated areas...it depends one the purpose or use I suppose. Besides, it was a learning experience ...at least now you know! ;).

Deszroo

FantasyWorld

If you had the obsidian and the amtheyst under the pillow at the same time it was probably the combination of the two together. Some stones null each other out some combos help some have negative reactions. We learn from pratice and experience,hehe.
Some stones are also overwhelming to certain people. I know when I go to a local place that sells stones and go in the "stone room" I can't stay in that room for to long. I'm either picking on all the stones' energy combined and it's too overwhelming and gives me a headache or it could be because they need to be cleansed, not sure. This is a very powerful stone and you may be extra sensitive to it as well.

From the same book I quoted out of earlier (bits and pieces)(there is a WHOLE lot of info in this book on this so I hope bits and pieces help):
Nothing can be hidden from Obsidian

In the same way,placing Obsidian by the bed or under the pillow can draw out mental stress and tension, and may have a calming effect, but it can also bring up the reasons for that stress. These reasons then have to be confronted before peace can return;this resolves permanently rather than having a palliative effect.

Silverkitten

Wow, I think my experience last night drained my brain, cuase I'm just not getting some of this stuff.

Ok, Deszroo.....I didn't grasp the majority of what you said. I'm sorry, I'm sure that I should be getting this, and I've read it over and over, and it's just not sinking in. :(

FantasyWorld,
Your bits and pieces from your book are helping. They are sinking in slow but sure, thank you. I have the piece sitting next to the bed now on the nightstand. I havebeen under a great deal of stress in the past 6 or so months due to illness and financial stress from the illness. So, it would be a bonus if it helped to draw out some of that tension and stress. But I surely don't want another experience like last night. That was just way to trippy.

And to think, I only got the obsidian because I thought it was used to repel negative energy. Boy do I have allot to learn.

Blessings,
Donna

Gaby

That was very interesting, Silverkitten, thanks a lot!
Didn't you try again? *Ü* The "mirror effect" I mentioned is a magic property of black obsidian, according to ancient Aztecs. They believed that you can scry and see into a polished black obsidian (in fact, a lot of ancient civilizations used to make mirrors with polished obsidian). But the mirror is not only to scry, it also works deflecting energies. I think that was your feeling; with the stone under your pillow, you were receiving the mirror images or the deflected energy. Deszroo posted a great reply!

Silverkitten

So, the "mirror effect' means that it was mirroring the way that I feel about myself? *perplexed look*
So, my head was growing big because I have a big head/ego? I think big/highly of myself? *more perplexed look*

Geesh, I hope this isn't right. :(

I was tempted for a moment to put it under my pillow for just a second last night to see if it would happen again but I chickened out. *bauk bauk bauk*

Blessings,
Donna

Milfoil

Hi Silverkitten

Could it not be that your head is so full of thoughts right now that the obsidian is reflecting this in an almost physical way?

If your instinct tells you that something isn't right - it probably isn't.

I'd love to know if it happens again though - perhaps meditating first before placing the obsidian under your pillow might help?

Just a thought . . I'm new to all this too but I was considering getting a piece of obsidian . . . . (eek!)

edit: BTW I love your signature! :)

Silverkitten

Milfoil said:
Hi Silverkitten

Could it not be that your head is so full of thoughts right now that the obsidian is reflecting this in an almost physical way?

If your instinct tells you that something isn't right - it probably isn't.

I'd love to know if it happens again though - perhaps meditating first before placing the obsidian under your pillow might help?

Just a thought . . I'm new to all this too but I was considering getting a piece of obsidian . . . . (eek!)

edit: BTW I love your signature! :)

Oh Milfoil, thank you! I like your idea much better :)
And actually, it make much more sence too. I've been on this crazy, head long spiritual quest for a few months now, trying to learn and read everything I can get my hands on. So, I'm probably overloading my brain. And on top of that, I have this nerve disorder I've been battling for about 4 months, associated with the occipital nerve in my head. So, it would make perfect sence that this phenomenon would manifest itself in my head.
Wow, it's all clear now. Thank so much for bringing a different perspective to the table so to speak. You brought the truth into the light!

Blessings,
Donna