PDA

View Full Version : I wanna test something...

Simone
01-04-2005, 20:22
http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/citybugs/insectBasics/citybugs%20images/Butterfly%20hunt/Gray-Hairstreak-side.jpg

Simone
01-04-2005, 20:23
Woohoo, it works :D:D:D

Moonbow
01-04-2005, 20:45
Wow Simone!

That is so beautiful... but...but?? how?

M*

Edited.... I see now :)

Simone
01-04-2005, 20:51
I found it in the vb codes....

if anyone claims ownership of this picture, please apologise... I did not want to "steal" it, but in my enthusiasm I needed a pic, quick, to try this out ;)

WolfSpirit
01-04-2005, 21:00
Oh wow that is so cool !
Looks like Aeclectic is entering a more colourful era :D

Simone
01-04-2005, 21:04
:D

As far as i know, this is not new... and I might not be the first one to try it. But I just discovered it and I just HAD to see how it works...

WolfSpirit
01-04-2005, 21:23
Yes I know it is probably not new, but I just never knew it was possible, and I think neither did many others. I think it is something that might catch on now.
I have seen it on other forums as well.

Emily
02-04-2005, 08:24
I didn't realise we would be able to link the images on this forum - we do it regularly on another forum I use - the only drawback is some of the images used are huge and it takes ages for the posts to load - but on that forum you have the advantage of turning off the images and signature pics.

Grigori
02-04-2005, 10:14
Does that fall under the "stealing bandwith" category? We might end up with some retalitory images all over AT if so...

Simone
02-04-2005, 15:46
folks,

I just wanted to test it ;)

I have no idea if it "steals" bandwidth, and I am aware that non-broadband connections need more time to load the pictures - and I was not at all "advertising" to do it!

just wanted to test it.....

Grigori
02-04-2005, 16:10
I wasn't accusing, just asking :)

I remember someone here once gave a link to a wicca site, where the artist showed the pictures that they inserted into sites that stole their bandwith. They weren't very nice pictures (but they were very funny) :D

Phoenix Rising
02-04-2005, 17:52
Beautiful pic Simone.....Yep sure works...Well so are you going to tell us how to do it? Out with it! Mind you I don't even know how to make different colours and Bold writing yet! Or little tiny writing..so you might want to tell me how to do that too, while you're at it! and also how do I put my profile picture in, I'm sure you're all dying to see what I look like:laugh:
Hmmm what else?:joke::joke:

Simone
02-04-2005, 18:10
Beautiful pic Simone.....Yep sure works...Well so are you going to tell us how to do it? Out with it! Mind you I don't even know how to make different colours and Bold writing yet! Or little tiny writing..so you might want to tell me how to do that too, while you're at it! and also how do I put my profile picture in, I'm sure you're all dying to see what I look like:laugh:
Hmmm what else?:joke::joke:

LOL, Luce, here you go:

to do bold, you type ...insert words to be boldened here - codes of course without spaces.

this is easy, they are all following the same system:

b for bold
u for underline
i for italics

colors:

type [color=orange]orange[/ color]
same here again: without spaces

someone did a list of colours, I will research and post link ... (well, i could not find it) so I'll just post the list I had copied into a word document:

orange
darkorange
yellow
gold
goldenrod
salmon
tomato
pink
tan
magenta
red
scarlet (Edited to add: this scarlet looks rather pale... I do not know what's wrong though)
darkred
purple
violet
darkviolet
chartreuse
lime
lightgreen
green
darkgreen
aqua
cyan
lightblue
grape
blue
darkblue
gray
black
brown

for fonts, you do the same:

[font=Algerian]for example [/ font]

size:

tiny type [size=1]little small tiny [/ size]
bigger [size=+2]means typing is twice as big as usual [/ size]

the image, I leave it to you to figure it out })

Phoenix Rising
02-04-2005, 18:24
Simone You're"Simply the Best"

And I'm really grateful

Now did it work??? No not the first time!
try again!
Yes second time did

Well I'll have lovely bright colorful posts now!
thankyou buddy!!!

Ahria
03-04-2005, 00:32
http://www.americaswonderlands.com/images/Flowers/SepiaRose-web.jpg

A flower for the ladies...

Simone
03-04-2005, 04:52
Thanks, Ahria :D

magpie9
03-04-2005, 07:05
Where, exactly, do we find these vb codes? Hmmmmmm?

Simone
03-04-2005, 07:08
here (http://www.tarotforum.net/misc.php?do=bbcode)

;)

magpie9
03-04-2005, 07:50
woooooooooooooooo, kooooooooooool. Thanks !

tmgrl2
03-04-2005, 08:33
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/TBSLP/fall1.jpg

Now I know what the third link is in my photobucket.com album!!

Thank you Simone...This is so much fun!

terri

Tree in front of my house this past fall....

Moongold
04-04-2005, 09:11
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Firepeace/Sunrise_at_Wiiliamstown_Labour_Day14_March_2005.jp g

I have a sense we are not supposed to do this. Something to do with bandwidth. Last year Solandia turned off the IMG function but she may have forgotten to do this with the software upgrade.

This is a picture I took at sunrise from the Williamstown docks. It is a little distorted in the width :)

Sometimes I photograph spreads when I do readings. Itwould begreat to be able to post them in the thread itself but I can understand if that is not allowable.

prudence
04-04-2005, 09:25
just going to try

[color=blue]the ocean is blue[/ blue]

tmgrl2
04-04-2005, 09:34
I don't think it works any more...at least not in other threads.....takes up lots of "space."

terri

Moongold
04-04-2005, 09:57
just going to try

the ocean is gold
Astrid ~

You had a space where there should not have been one - before the last "blue" and "blue" should have been "color" :)

tmgrl2
04-04-2005, 10:04
I'll try it once more here, but it didn't work in my birthday post today....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/TBSLP/WorldTrade4.jpg

Yup...worked again!!

terri

(Took this photo in the 1980's? early 90's? from a boat in New York Harbor...we were on a chartered boat for a birthday party...boat was moving...I had no tripod, but sun was setting and I captured both of them....

Simone
04-04-2005, 16:51
Somehow I feel "relieved"that this seems not to work on other threads ;)

I hope our test area here stays though :D it's such fun seeing pics.

I had thought maybe about posting my cards this way once I have a website (soon, dears,soon...),but then, I might as well post a link.

We should not get too lazy to click once more to get where we want to get ;) })

Simone
06-04-2005, 03:25
Dear all,

I am posting this here, Moderators, if you want to separate the color post and this one out into a different (maybe sticky?) thread, do not hesitate to do so ;) thanks.

Through trial and error, I have compiled a list of workable fonts for AT ;)

This list is by no means complete, and it is just a compilation of fonts I personally know. So if you do not find what you are looking for here, try with others you know of.

The principle is easy:

type: [ font= ]your text goes here[/font ] (the shall be replaced by the name of your chosen font, without the space. The following list shows the names of the fonts as well as what they ought to look like on the screen.

Note: Please be aware that not every font is easily readable on screen! Please check legibility of your post with the preview post function before submitting, bearing in mind other readers! After all, if you post a message, you want it to be legible, I'd guess ;)

Thank you for your understanding.

Some of the fonts have been sized up by me to make them readable HERE. Those are marked with an * - and need special attention as to size if used.

Abadi MT Condensed
Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold
Abadi Condensed Light
algerian
Andy
Arial
Arial Black
Arial Narrow
Arial Rounded MT Bold
Baskerville Old Face
Bauhaus 93
Beesknees ITC
Bernard MT Condensed
Bickley Script*
Blackadder ITC*
Book Antiqua
Bookman Old Style
Bradley Hand ITC
Braggadocio
Britannic Bold
Broadway
Brush Script MT*
Calisto MT
castellar
Century Gothic
Chiller*
Comic Sans MS
Cooper Black
Copperplate Gothic Bold
Copperplate Gothic Light
Courier New
Curlz MT*
Edda
Edwardian Script ITC*
Elephant
Engravers MT
Enviro
Eras Demi ITC
Eras Light ITC
Eurostile
felix titling
Fine Hand
Franklin Gothic Book
Franklin Gothic Dem
Franklin Gothic Medium
Franklin Gothic Medium Cond
Freestyle Script*
French Script MT*
Garamond
Georgia
Georgia Ref
Gigi
Gill Sans MT
Gill Sans MT Condensed
Gill Sans Ultra Bold
Goudy Old Style
Goudy Stout
Harlow Solid Italic
Harrington
Impact
Imprint MT Shadow
Informal Roman*
Jokerman*
Juice ITC*
Kino MT
Kristen ITC
Kunstler Script*
Lucida Calligraphy
Lucida Console
Lucida Handwriting
Lucida Sans
Lucida Sans Unicode
Maiandra GD
Matisse ITC
Matura MT Script Capitals
Microsoft Sans Serif
Mistral*
Modern No. 20
Monotype Corsiva*
OCRB
Old English Text MT*
Onyx*
Palace Script MT*
Palatino Linotype
Papyrus
Parade
Parchment*
Pepita MT*
Perpetua
Perpetua Titling MT
Placard Condensed*
Playbill*
Poor Richard*
Pristina*
Rage Italic*
Rockwell
Rockwell Extra Bold
Runic MT Condensed*
Script MT Bold
Snap ITC
Sydnie
Sylfaen
Tahoma
Tempus Sans ITC
Times New Roman
Trebuchet MS
Verdana
Verdana Ref
Viner Hand ITC
Vivaldi*
Vladimir Script*
Wide Latin

Have fun! (If you cannot read the font name on screen, check it out with the quote trick - quote this post and look up the one you want to use, in the quote it should be legible ;) - HOWEVER: be aware that if YOU cannot read it, chances are that others can't either!!!)

Love
Simone

OakDragon
06-04-2005, 04:20
I think whether this works or not has to do with what fonts you have on your computer. Very few of the fonts you listed look any different to me than the standard AT font.

edited to add: Though I have more of the fonts in that list that don't seem different to me, so there must be more to it than that.

MercyMe
06-04-2005, 04:33
Yeah, it has to be something else. I have those fonts, too but they don't seem to be showing up any differently.

~Mercy

Simone
06-04-2005, 04:35
Awww, no, please don't tell me that...

They all, without exception, show as different fonts on my screen...

If nobody sees them, I will ask the post to be deleted... what a pity!

mercenary30
06-04-2005, 05:05
Awww, no, please don't tell me that...

They all, without exception, show as different fonts on my screen...

If nobody sees them, I will ask the post to be deleted... what a pity!

I see all your fonts just fine!!!!

So it may be their settings........

Or maybe they are psychic fonts....heheheee ;)

Cielo
06-04-2005, 05:25
I also see the fonts just fine on my screen! But I still don't understand how to got to post such big pictures!!! How is that done?!?!?!

Simone
06-04-2005, 05:31
Cielo... have a look at the link (http://www.tarotforum.net/misc.php?do=bbcode) I posted a few posts back, in answer to magpie's question.

There you will find most everything of what you want to know!

;)

stars
14-04-2005, 00:41
Very good ... lovely!!!

LadyofDreams
14-04-2005, 03:33
it works! thanks :D

always,
~lady~

Moongold
19-04-2005, 10:03
Simone ~

Thank you for these wonderful fonts. I wanted to share another picture with you if we still can.

I went for a walk in my neighbourhood last night and took a shot of the Moon just as it was being submerged in some advancing clouds. It's a waxing Gibbons Moon which means that we are nearly (8 days) from another full moon.

When I opened the image on my PC last night it felt as though I was in another world, almost Mediaeval. I knew the window light might come out but was surprised at the overall effect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Firepeace/Autumn-Moon-in-Richmond.gif

OakDragon
19-04-2005, 10:27
Wow, Moongold, that is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. It does seem to have an almost otherworldly feel to it!

Simone
19-04-2005, 17:01
Wow, thank you for sharing, Moongold!

It reminds me of an interesting mixture of - as you say medieval, but also the atmospheres I remember from both Tunisia and Canary Islands :)

And how often did I try to take a picture of the moon and it just came out as a tiny little dot somewhere - how did you do...? ;)

Moongold
19-04-2005, 18:59
Simone ~

The Moon really is quite large and this is 140mm lens. I took a number of shots but some had moon flare and in some the buildings were blurred. The camera was hand held, which caused all these problems.

So I copied a good Moon from one of the shots and pasted it over the flared moon but I am not all that proficient at Photoshop yet and don't have perfect vision so I think those with a good eye can see the editing.

However, even though I don't have the best sight to me the scere looks just like it did last night, so I love it any way.

You almost always need a tripod when you're shooting something that far away. It's a lot of fun to come home and see what you've really captured.

Moongold

jumptothemoonyea
20-04-2005, 09:16
Moongold, I really like your photo art. I think it has magic in it. It made me think how enjoyable would be to have a Virtual Gallery here at AT for members to share their tarot-related or not related graphics. If space is not allowing, maybe it can be arranged in a free image displaying sites with link for us to enter it.

mythos
18-08-2005, 01:41
Absolutely the coolest pic ... I love it!

mythos:)