question about dragon's blood beads

prudence

Hi, I have been looking for information about beads made of dragon's blood and whether they'd be suitable to wear around one's neck. My on line searches just bring me to sites that talk about the incense and its uses.

I have read that some stones are too powerful to wear on the neck or ears, (I do know it's a resin), and am wondering if any of you have had jewelery made of these beads, and what the effects were when wearing them.

The type I have are very hard and shiny, very red, and have some black flecks/inclusions on some that are small specks.

Thanks for any info you can share!
astrid

prudence

hi emeraldgirl,
thanks so much for the link. My husband picked up the strand of beads today and forgot the name...so I am trying to piece it together! I think you are right about it being cinnabar.
thanks a bunch!

DarkElectric

Hi Astrid :)
You might want to consider looking into the mineral composition of cinnabar before you wear these beads a lot. From my understanding cinnibar contains mercury, which you wouldn't want in contact with your skin too much. I'd wear them outside my shirt!

prudence

Thanks DE!!
After I had posted my reply here, I figured out the beads are some type of red coral...not the cinnabar/dragon's blood that I had first thought.

I will keep it in mind about the mercury though, as I have some dragon's blood resin that I need to put into a more secure container! I am glad I came in here!

thanks again,
astrid

Gwynne

Astrid O said:
Thanks DE!!
After I had posted my reply here, I figured out the beads are some type of red coral...not the cinnabar/dragon's blood that I had first thought.

I will keep it in mind about the mercury though, as I have some dragon's blood resin that I need to put into a more secure container! I am glad I came in here!

thanks again,
astrid

Dragon's Blood resin doesn't contain mercury, unless the plants grew in soil with mercury contamination which is very unlikely as mercury tends to kill plants!