Stone identification needed

samantha

Having read the descriptions I thought this stone might be a kind of aventurine ...however , they made no mention of very dark blue , so maybe not !

The stone is a very dark blue ( almost black in some lights ) and must have some kind of metalic element inside as it sparkles with tiny pale silver/mauve , electric blue and very occasionally red lights.

I really like the 'feel' of this stone . It's really grown on me. I have a bracelet , and now cannot imagine not wearing it every day.

I'd love to know what it actually is , and what it is good for.

Gaby

Is it translucent or not?

LadyofDreams

i have a stone that when I bought it was told that it is blue aventurine, and that description just about matches my stone, so it is possible that it is.

There are some pictures on this site if you scroll down to aventurine:

http://www.quartznall.co.uk/a_b.htm

hope it helps :)

always,
~lady~

samantha

Thanks everyone .

Gaby : Its not clear . The colour feels very "solid " apart from the glistening lights.

After looking at the pics. I'm still not sure . It could be how the stones on my bracelet have been cut , but they sparkle more intensely than the stones in the pics. That said , I could connect with the description . They mentioned the stone promoting " wholeness' and ' contentment" . I think this is right . It seems to have a very balancing energy.

I think I will have to go back to the shop and see if they know.