Karmic Astrology

Butterfly

I've looked into my karmic astrology (north and south nodes) many times, but just this week, it's really resonated within.
This is a really fascinating area, putting my whole life and it's struggles and joys into perspective. An absolute light bulb moment.
I'd really recommend that anyone who hasn't done their north and south node do it very promptly. Has anyone else done it before? What did you think?
the south node is sort of your karmic baggage, the things that have occurred in past lives that you need to move away from in this life. The north node is what you soul is trying to move towards in this life. They sort of indicate the personality vs soul split.
My absolute favourite astrology book is "Spiritual Astrology" by Jan Spiller. Iit's the most comprehensive book on karmic astrology that I have seen so far.

joya250

hey butterfly.

never heard of this before. sounds interesting. I'll have to look into it.

lunalafey

sounds familiar

I'm taking babysteps in my studies of astrology, but I have always wondered about the nodes. How do you interpret these, just like planet with aspects ?

Butterfly

The nodes are in signs as with the planets, they are supported and also sabotaged by the other planets.
the north node and south node are in directly opposing planets (eg my north node is capricorn, my "soul potential"while my south node is in Cancer my "soul pattern"). My south node is unfortunately in the same sign as Mercury, reinforcing the strength of what I am trying to move away from.

lunalafey

OK?

so you go by aspects, just like planet to planet?
My No.node is in ARIES, with SATURN!
So.node is in libra all by itself.

Butterfly

I don't know a lot about aspects, really.
But the No. node in same sign as Saturn will definitely interact in some way, whether it is to support your movement to the North Node, or to create friction.
North Node Aries- so you are learning to be more self nurturing and less dependable on others for your esteem, nurturing and self identity.
Why are they all such tough lessons!

lunalafey

Butterfly said:

North Node Aries- so you are learning to be more self nurturing and less dependable on others for your esteem, nurturing and self identity.
Why are they all such tough lessons!

how/where is this deduction found ?
And it really does not sound like me. I am SO independant that it drives some men away. I really like the person that I am. I really do not rely on others in regards to my self-esteem. I know what I am capable of.

Butterfly

If your north node is in aries (Aug 20th, 1967- April 19th, 1969), this is said to mean you are working to develop- independance, self awareness, trusting your impulses, courage, constructive self interest, moderation in giving, and self nurturance. You are said to de trying to leave behind seeing yourself through others eyes, being Ms nice, selflessness, , co-dependance, obsession with fairness and justice, and overly attched to harmony.
This is what this lifetime is said to be about for you- a summary from Jan's book.
Mmm, this doesn't describe you at all? That's good to know, I feel mine is spot on, but it's good for me to keep a degree of scepticism!

lunalafey

round 2

Butterfly said:
If your north node is in aries (Aug 20th, 1967- April 19th, 1969)Mmm, this doesn't describe you at all? That's good to know, I feel mine is spot on, but it's good for me to keep a degree of scepticism!
scepticism is what aids the learning of this art.
WELL THAT EXPLAINS IT!!!
according to astro.com My true(which i'm reasoning is north because it is in the upper half of my chart)Node is 24d. Aries.
I was born Dec. 31 67.
WELL MAYBE NOT.:(
I have always trusted astro.com for info.
I dug up another source, a book, an old one.
This book says my node is 24d. Aries as well.
It also says this about nodes.
..usual interpretation may be summed up as follows N.node is the point of intake, gain, benefit without conscious effort, indicates the sort of people the native searches for or gets with. S.node is the point of loss, indicating areas in life where sacrifice is demanded without reward, in regards to people, these are avoided(i'm assuming that refers to the sign it's in)
If I look at this node in Aries and apply what I know about Aries and Saturn...I can see that.
If I use the books decription, I can see it if it was flipped over.
So what does you book say about my De.31 67 node...Maybe that will sound more like it.

Butterfly

It says, I should read the book right LOL
On second viewing, you are definitely Aries. I got the dates mixed up.
I don't know how to explain why it doesn't seem to apply. I could give you many justifications. But some things are just wrong! So I will continue with my scepticism.
The description I gave you was just a summary of about 20 pages. Perhaps it would be worthwhile checking it out further!