past life oracles?

phirefly

my brother and i were considering purchasing the phoenix deck, a past life oracle deck, but the reviews on amazon were a bit mixed, and those who wrote reviews seemed to consider it very limiting. i was just wondering what you all might know of this deck and/or other past life oracles. thanks :}

Phoenix

I just use the Tarot when I do one. Can't really explain how though, it just comes to me.

phirefly

*nod* i noticed a thread on past lives spreads. i am working up the nerve to try it out. i'm not even sure i believe in reincarnation, but i know i don't disbelieve. it's just this strange aching curiosity lately.

Ravenswing

past life potential

phirefly--

check out the string in this section entitled 'symbolon deck'. this oracle can be used for past life readings

LVX
steve

phirefly

thanks so much! i'll go look. i've noticed the symbolon deck the last few times i walked into mystickal tymes, but the last time i actually held it, i got a dizzying headache. i've decided to wait on getting it. but i'll go read the thread. that should help me decide.

Ravenswing

phirefly--

dizzying i can understand; headache might be from too much too quick. it's quite some piece of work.

LVX
steve

truthsayer

i found a used copy of the phoenix deck for $8 at amazon. if i had to choose between the symbolon and the phoenix, i'd go w/ the symbolon. true the phoenix has a nice big book full of info on different civilizations but there are only 28 cards. the method of picking lives appears to be intuitive. the set can't say-you were X during this time line. it's like a game of memory where the phoenix tries to stimulate your memory.

the symbolon has 78 cards and a large LWB. if you know some astrology, you can really go to town w/ this deck. it's also a game of memory but the cards images are better. it's also cheaper than the phoenix. for me, the images on the symbolon are more emotionally evocative and stir memories up in me i haven't thought of. the phoenix doesn't really do that for me. the symbolon doesn't attempt to pinpoint potential past lives like the phoenix. symbolon requires quite a bit of work to get into the system but it's definitely worth it. the phoenix set is fairly simple to pick up. i think i will have more uses long term for the symbolon than for the phoenix.

personally, if you want to do past life readings, i'd do some tarot spreads w/ a trusty deck or get a symbolon deck. i wouldn't pay over $30 for the phoenix. i think you get more for your money at $25 for the symbolon. i'm glad i was able to find a cheap used deck in satisfactory condition. if you can do that, then go for it!

niah

I agree with truth 100%! :D

:TCHAR