Searching for pure rose essential oil

Sophie

I use rose essential oil in my home-made face tonic (along with lavender), and also in my bath and whenever I want a touch of luxury around the flat. I have finished my old flask and - shock, horror! - the chemist where I buy my supplies doesn't stock it anymore because the manufacturer stopped the line. They have no idea how to find it, either :(

Has anyone any idea where I might find rose essence (undiluted) online?

I am also after jasmine.

Thanks!

Grigori

Jeepers! You feeling rich this week Helvetica?

PS Most places here don't stock it. You can only get it from specialty oil suppliers, usually aimed at aromatherapy practitioners. I'd be asking a local aromatherapist where they get their stock.

Milfoil

Yes - that stuff is REALLY expensive. I used to make soap and I think 100ml of pure rose oil (Rosa absollute) was around £1000 :eek:

I think you can buy it in as little as 2ml for around the £20 mark or you can get 10% dilution in a base oil (coconut or sweet almond) for much less.

Was it the 10% that you were looking for?

Grigori

I forget the exact numbers, but it is something like 450kg of rose petals are needed for a 9ml bottle of pure oil (as there is so much water in the flowers). Most of what's produced is rose water rather and sold as such.

LilRed

Leads

Hello there,

Oh my! Definitely not the easy things that you are looking for.

[url-http://www.frontiercoop.com/]
Aura Cacia[/url] which I know to be –VERY- good and 100% undiluted has two types of roses, a 1/8 oz bottle costs $79.99 or $43.50 depending on what type of Rose you get. Go to that website and on the left just click on Essential Oils, they have a very easy to navigate site. It seems to me from their site that they do not only do wholesale.

I also found two stores in Switzerland that are advertising to have herbal supplies. If you would like their information just pm me as I am not sure if I can post it on here.

Aura Cacia also has the Jasmine, they are the only place I know of that is 100% undiluted, I will talk to a friend of mine that used to be in the business and see if she can suggest any non-wholesale…unless you want wholesale?
LilRed

Sophie

Wow! Thanks people for your help. No, not feeling rich - it lasts me a long time :) Undiluted, yes, but in small quantity - definitely not £1000! :eek:

I'll investigate your leads - and LilRed - I'll PM you.

amyel

You could try a store I've visited whenever I go to New Orleans:

http://www.erzulies.com/index.php

Store is called "Erzulie's" and the owner makes all sorts of handmade soaps and potions/lotions etc. She also sells some essential oils.

Click on the left frame, "Rare & Precious Pure Essential Oils"

It really is a fabulous store...If you ever make it the US and New Orleans, you must stop in. Alot of "voodoo" shops in NO are quite grusome, I find, but Erzulie's is filled with a wonderful, loving, feminine spirit (which may not be surprising, since Erzulie is the Voodoo goddess of love)

Example: I first went in on tour two years ago. I came back a coupel months ago - and the owner looked at me, and said: "I know you. You've been here before."

Yep - and two years ago, I was 20 lbs heavier with blonde hair, not red....

It's just that kind of place.....

Moonbow

That is very expensive ... you put it in your bath?

Rose Absolute is about £10.00 for 2ml
Rose Otta about £30.00 for 2ml (yep less than half a teaspoon)

It's difficult to get hold of here too unless you find a wholesaler (our local one has now closed down). The internet may be your best option.

As you probably know, there are alot of fakes out there. If it's the real thing you want it will be expensive.

Edited as I see that Sulis' site agrees with the prices on my old wholesalers' list. When looking at prices don't forget to look at quantity too. Some of them are sold as 1ml.