Reading while Drunk

Have you read the Tarot Cards while drunk?

• Yes I have and never again

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • No, you nuts???

Votes: 100 54.3%
  • "Hiccup"....Sure whatever...taking another swig, shot, whatever floats your boat*

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • On the floor....cards scattered everywhere.....

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters

bladeraven

Okay..dont ask what was going through my mind...but had to do several readings last night...little guy was sleeping and I had a full bottle of wine..by the time I was done with the readings..it was late and I was drunk..however I've received feedback that all the readings I did while unbelievable drunk, were dead on and I was just curious.....has anyone else here ever read the cards while massively drunk?? If so...how did you do??

muteswan

I've gotta admit, I have. The readings were very accurate and it was an interesting experience. I'm sure it'll happen again.

Rusty Neon

bladeraven said:
however I've received feedback that all the readings I did while unbelievable drunk, were dead on

Were the querents sober, tipsy or unbelievably drunk?

bladeraven

Lol..whew..glad to see I'm not the only one....what were you drinking?? LOL

bladeraven

Rusty Neon said:
Were the querents sober, tipsy or unbelievably drunk?

They were sober....I wasn't......LOL..it was all online..though it would have been interesting if we were all unbelievably drunk...

cricket

I've done it before, and had excellent readings every time. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I think that, since your inhibitions are down when you're drunk, it's easier for the message to get through to the subconscious, which translates itself into the conscious mind. The only problem is getting the drunken tongue (or fingers, if typing) to translate the message into something understandable to anybody else. :p

Annabelle

All right, I'll admit it. I chose "On the floor....cards scattered everywhere..." as my answer. Yes, I have read tarot cards while I was drunk (but only a couple of times...and never for my Circle of Stones readings!!). Actually, I think I did a fine job of reading on those occasions, despite being a little bit loopy at the time. Now, I've never tried to read tarot cards while I was really very drunk...first of all, I almost never get truly blotto anymore (I'm old enough to know better), and second, in that condition I don't think I'd have the necessary coordination to handle the cards anyway. I tend to fall asleep pretty quickly after more than 2 drinks these days....

All that said, however, I'd say that I usually have a glass of wine before doing a tarot reading, and I think it actually helps a little bit. Keep in mind, right now I'm only doing readings in the Reading Exhange here at ATF, and I'm not reading for clients face-to-face. Also, I'm usually working on readings after dinner, and I often have a glass of wine with dinner....so reading after drinking a little wine is simply not anything odd for me.

bladeraven

Annabelle..I love your response..LOL...I was laughing so hard as I struggle to open up my second bottle of wine...just kidding about the second bottle...haven't started on the first...LOL

The ladies I did the online reading for thought it was hilarous and it had me thinking..this is one topic you dont' see discussed often...lol

Michelle

I have read after having a couple of drinks. But a friend called last weekend and wanted a reading - I had consumed a few margaritas and I did choose not to read at that time. Not sure I could have shuffled the cards :).

Blessings,
Michelle

bladeraven

hehehe...if you are on the floor and the cards are scattered about you..is that considered shuffling?? lol