Lemony Snicket Cards

katie_here

I was just reading your list of Oracle cards and noticed you have Lemony Snicket.

I'd be really interested to know what they are like. I have read about 3 books of his, and I couldn't get my head around the fact that they go from bad to worse!! when you think something good must happen for the kids, to counterbalance all the bad, it doesn't!! nothing good ever happens.

I wonder what those cards are like.. are they all bad? do they all foretell doom? lol

please let me know.

Katie

ncefafn

Well, that's one way of getting my attention. :)

The misfortunes in the cards are all references to something in the series of books. To be honest, I only read the first book, and that only at the grim insistence of my then 11-year-old stepson. However, the cards are much more entertaining. My favorite misfortunes include:

You think it's cold cucumber soup, but it's not.*

Nine terrible things will happen to you next week, but you will only notice four of them.

Look out. No -- the other way!

Kim

*This misfortune especially baneful to persons with the initials J M D

katie_here

thanks

they sound quite entertaining. I'll have to have a look for a deck.

Skydancer

Nine terrible things will happen to you next week, but you will only notice four of them.

My absolute favorite!!!

*S*

little

I like "The next lie you tell will come true."

Now that's an unsettling fortune.

Chubby Mummy

ohh they sound lovely!! Where can I purchase some on the web?

xx
cm

13thFaeChylde

I have got to get these cards!!!
My kids are up to book 10 right now....I'm up to book 3.

I LOVED the movie.

little

The cards were a promotional item, given away at bookstore release parties. They haven't ever been commercially available, as far as I know, and were not reprinted.

They aren't beautifully illustrated or anything- just words on cardstock printed for book-release celebrations- but I still think they're cool.

I got mine on EBay.

katie_here

promotional items?

It wouldn't surprise me if they became worth a bit of money eventually. If they are promotional, they wouldn't have had a lot of them made.

I found a website that lists what's on the cards. I expect you could make your own set.......(whispers katie, sneakily, hoping Lemony Snicket and his book publishers didn't hear!!).

selkie

Not all are bad, they are just not good cards. The Edward Gorey [Fantod Deck] cards were a lot more negative.