PDA

View Full Version : Red Quartz

feticeira
28-04-2005, 10:44
Yesterday I bought beads of red quartz to make a necklace. Iīd never seen it before, it looks like clear quartz except it has like red "veins" on the inside, which makes the whole stone look a peach-pink if not seen closely.
Is anybody familiar with itīs properties?

Gaby
28-04-2005, 20:25
Hi!
We can find two crystals that sellers call "red quartz" One is the natural red quartz (the most part of the times a cloudy or milky quartz coloured by the presence of copper; it looks very similar to Rhodonite). The other one is the dyed red quartz (I think that is yours; it looks like a red quartz with inclusions which looks like a bunch of veins in red colour).
Hope it helps!

feticeira
29-04-2005, 18:36
Mine looks sort of like the picture from this link:
http://www.crystal-cure.com/rutile-red.html

I do hope itīs not dyed, that kind of takes away from stones for me.

Gaby
29-04-2005, 19:38
Do not worry! If looks like that, it's definetly red jasper!

feticeira
01-05-2005, 13:04
Isnīt red jasper a solid red, instead of crystal-like?
Thanks a lot for replying! you know, we have the same name...

Gaby
02-05-2005, 00:15
Soooooorry! I mean... "it's definetly red QUARTZ"!!!!!!!!!!

feticeira
18-05-2005, 11:09
Thanks so much Gaby!
I made a necklace with 22 of the red quartz beads and 4 rutilated quartz beads. Itīs long, resting on the heart chakra... and surprise! As soon as I wore it I felt the chakra "expand". It seemed that this crystal would be appropiate for the heart chakra, but I didnīt expect such a powerful affinity. The energy of the crystal is very strong yet calming, so for anyone looking to work on their heart chakra, keep in mind red quartz!