Healing With The Fairies Oracle

VisionQuest

I just recently got these and not really sure how to use them. I've used them for 3 card spreads and occasionaly flip one card for meditation type purposes, But I'm wondering how other people use them. Does anyone use this deck fairly regularly? In what ways do you use it, do you have spreads just like tarot spreads, or are they different?

Any comments on this deck are appreciated :)

MoonLite

I have a few of Doreen Virtue's Decks, including the "Healing with the Fairies" one. I've only had them for just over a month, so am a beginner too! :D So happy to chat about them if you ever want to.

Browsing around, I came across a site where the reader shows you the spreads she uses - 16 in all: http://www.tarotwisdomreadings.com/FairyReading/FOsample.html

If you view the "See the card Layout" for each of the 16 shown, she provides the basic meaning of each position for a card. I've tried a couple of these and they do seem quite good, so hopefully will give you some more ideas to play with. :)

Only noticed today, but there's a reading exchange for Oracles been set up called "Seekers of United Love" (SOUL). See the thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=40535

I was thinking of joining, to enable me to practise and learn, so something you might consider too. ;)

Hope this helps!
~ MoonLite ~

vernissage

This deck was the first deck I ever received -- almost three years ago! The cards feel warm, friendly and playful to me. They seem eager to help with a sort of "flittering" energy I can't quite describe.

Well, at least that's what I've experienced with them.

I use these cards mostly when I have a problem that is purely psychological, emotional, mental or spiritual. If I have a friend who is depressed, I use this deck. If I am stressed about anything, I use this deck. If I'm feeling great, and want a little enlightenment, I use this deck. :) My tarot decks are mostly reserved for more tangible things.

Enjoy them!

- V.

FaeryGodmother

My biggest problem with this deck (in fact all of Doreen Virtues decks) is that they can be overly nice for problem solving readings. Having said that though, there are times and ways that this deck is the perfect choice. Picking a daily card is great (What do I need to be aware of today? or what does my day/ week/ month (etc) hold for me?) It is also good to pick a card as a comment card to a tarot reading. The deck also does well in spiriual based readings. Basically I think Doreen Virtue decks are best used when looking on the bright side is called for and not for trying to work out what wrong or how to fix it.

love
FGM

MoonLite

I would agree with you FGM, that Doreen's cards aren't always very good at problem solving, but can be very spot on for daily readings or issue's that you need to focus on. Generally, they are definitely very positive and I'd agree there with your comment that they "always tend to look on the bright side". There's most definitely a make you feel good aspect about them, so they are nice when someone needs to hear something nice. :D

~ MoonLite ~