Pheonix Past Life Cards

Emeraldgirl

Hi,

I was wondering has anyone used these and are they helpful at all. I have them on order from Amazon and I am wondering what to expect from them and are they easy to use?

Chronata

I like the Phoenix cards a lot.

But are they good for doing past life readings? Well...they are somewhat limited.

What I mean is...there are only 28 cards. These show cultural objects, that correspond with a specific time and place (though most can span a thousand years or more!)
But because of this...there are a lot of eras(and places) missing.

I have developed a system to read with them, but it took a long time in development. I actually do psychic past life readings using one phoenix card and the tarot to offer more information.
(you can find those readings in an advanced search here...using the keyword Phoenix, and look in reading exchange!)

But actually, I do use two Phoenix decks...one of which is marked, so that when a marked card comes up, I know to use it as a suggestion of the culture or era...but not to take it as face value.

I also did a variation of the original exercise in the book to give me an idea about my own past lives, because I have never been able to really connect with anything that I don't automatically dismiss as my own imagination.

And I di get a nice picture, of what perhaps might be real, from that exercise.

The reason I would recommend it, is not actually for the past lives readings, but for it's use as an oracle. In the back of the book there are descriptions of each card used in a spread called the Past Life Mandala.

The oracle aspect, and the spread have given me a lot of insight. I tend to use it when all other oracles are giving me mixed messages.