PDA

View Full Version : Stones you wear.

Bluemanticore
05-05-2005, 00:38
I have two rings I always wear with two stones that are special to me, malachite on one, the other amethyst. I sometimes wear another ring with tiger's eye.
The Bag of Stones thread got me wondering if instead of or, or in addition to, carrying a bag of stones with you, are there any stones you wear in the form of jewelry? Other than the ones worn for beauty-sake, like diamonds and rubies, I mean. How do you wear them? Rings, necklaces, broaches?

Jewel-ry
05-05-2005, 01:57
I like moonstone :)

and have two pendants with different moonstones in them plus a bracelet and ring. I also have other pendants with green amber and lapis lazuli.

Ooo... and I bought a beautiful turquoise ring last year.

tmgrl2
05-05-2005, 02:07
Always a small triangular moldavite on a necklace with a chunk of silver that has a Rilke poem microinscribed on it...

love turquoise

terri

Chronata
05-05-2005, 02:15
You knopw...this thread had me thinking...i used to wear stones all the time(mostly as rings or pendants) and somewhere along the way, i just stopped.

I had a garnet ring, and a moonstone ring that I used to wear constantly.
Strange...I can't even remember why I took them off (or when) or even where they are now.

I do wear my beautiful anniversary opal on special occasions.
And occasionally I also wear a peridot in an antique art deco setting.

The other day I was reminded of a beautiful necklace that someone made just for me. I scrounged through all my boxes til I found it again, and wore it to do readings at an event.

The neclace is made from tiny beads of freshwater Pearl, Rose Quartz, Malachite, and Tiger's Eye. It has a little silver fairy dangling from it!

I had actually forgotten how well it opens me up to empathic intuition and also how well it shields negativity!

Imagemaker
05-05-2005, 02:24
I often wear a labradorite buddha pendant. It calms and shields me.

WolfyJames
05-05-2005, 02:55
I think I have most of my favorite gems on me. I have a ring with five small opals and earrings with opals. Also I have two other rings, one with an amethyst and another with a red garnet, my month gem. And last, a pendant with amber.

Elven
05-05-2005, 03:09
I was given a ring many years ago by default - someone took my money and left me a ring as compensation. (LOL)
But it is truely beautiful. It has two beautiful Ceyloneese (I have no idea if thats how its spelt) Saphires which are blue purple. They change colour at times Ive noticed - they get darker or brighter. I had a dream about this ring for the first time the other night. It very preciuos to me now. I call it 'Rosies Eyes' - after a Siamese cat I knew who had the most beautiful blue eys, just like the stones in the ring.

Blessings
Elven x

cybercat
05-05-2005, 03:19
Just like Chronata I used to wear many of mine or even carry them on me. Now it is just my engagement and wedding ring which are sapphire and diamond. I still have most of mine but I just do not wear them anymore unless I am putting on a costume or something like that were they would fit.

Cat.

[QUOTE=Chronata]You knopw...this thread had me thinking...i used to wear stones all the time(mostly as rings or pendants) and somewhere along the way, i just stopped.

Gaby
05-05-2005, 06:53
Good thread!
I use to change the stones I wear, but some are like "glued":
Opal ring, emerald ring, aquamarine ring, pendant and earrings, smoky quartz carnelian bracelet, and a charm in a bracelet with moonstone and peridot.
Besides that, I have a silver little box where I put my "stone of the day" *Ü*

Sulis
05-05-2005, 07:07
I wear amber and moonstone.

I have an amber ring and 2 hoop ear-rings each with an amber bead threaded on.
I have a 3 stone moonstone ring and I also wear a navel bar with a moonstone in it.

Love

Sulis xx

Sophie
05-05-2005, 09:28
I wear a rhodonite pendant from the Urals on my heart chakra. It is vulva-shaped and coloured, with deep black veins that run through it. I picked it up in a shop in London just before I left for my first Red Cross mission (to Rwanda). I loved it on sight and bought it - not knowing what it meant: the shop gave me a leaflet in which was written that rhodonite encouraged humanitarian love and helped grounding thanks to the black veins. I wore it daily during the 5 years I spent in various war zones and I think it protected me and helped me open my heart - or at least the thought of it did! I also like to hold it in the palm of my hand to calm me - and on occasion use it as a pendulum (it has found many lost things for me!)

Cascade
05-05-2005, 09:45
I wear a tiger eye choker when I have a sore throat. And I use my hematite necklace for those days when I don't feel fully awake,like I left myself in dream state when I woke up. and my newest dicovery was how fast I got over the jet lag when I put on my opal necklace and earrings. I don't like others to touch my jewelry and will wash it if they do. One thing I did notice about all the posts, our stones and jewelry all mean much to us. Thanks

Emeraldgirl
05-05-2005, 10:50
I love jewellery. :D

I design my own and have a great jeweller who I work with. At the moment aside from my e-ring I am wearing a Jade heart pendant, a pink tourmaline and tsavorite ring I designed myself, a bangle with a pave diamond celitic infinity symbol and 2 power bracelets one amethyst and one malachite but I swap around a lot so tomorrow it may be something completely different.

DragonLover
05-05-2005, 11:11
hematite. im drawn to it like i cant explain. i actually picked up on beading jewelry lately and whats the first kind of beads i made sure i bought? you got it ;) i'll be making myself a hematite necklace or bracelet shortly.

LadyofDreams
06-05-2005, 04:30
jade earrings and bracelet, and black tourmaline on a necklace. I also usually wear an amethyst tumblestone in a metal spiral, but I recently changed it for snow quartz.

little_redfox
06-05-2005, 05:05
Mostle my Aqua Aura pendant which i love, hopefully its helping me with my tarot studies. But also .... this sounds bonkers i know - i keep small tumble stones in my bra ( only 1 at a time obviously, or it gets a bit crowded !! lol ). They feel closer to my heart, and i can forget im wearing them, they feel more secure too, im always worried ill put rings down when im washing my hands and forget them, or get a bracelet tangled in something.
This months favourites are Flourite to wake up my crappy old brain, and Jasper to keep my feet on the ground !!

Im not a weirdo or anything ... honest :)

LRF x

Silverkitten
06-05-2005, 05:11
Well, I do have my constants. One is my amethyst ring, with three oval cuts and 4 small diamonds, on my left ring finger. It was a 12th anniversary gift from my hubby. I feel foggy brained, depressed, and I don't sleep well when I'm not wearing it. So it stays glued to my finger. The other is a necklace that is always on till the chain recently broke. On it is a charm that my kids bought me for mothers day when they were 5 and 6 (they are now 22 and 23), and a oval Jade pendant framed in gold that belonged to my Grandma, I use it as a worry stone when I'm stressed or deep in thought or hold it when I'm meditating. I have really noticed a change since I'm not wearing this anymore. But I can't quite describe what it is. When the chain broke it felt like a piece of my heart had been ripped out. I really need to get it fixed.

And I have lots of other amethyst jewelry that I wear as it is my favorite. I have always be drawn to it. I took a little test years ago and it showed amethyst to be my power stone.
Then I am drawn to amber. I have lots of it as well. I notice whenever I wear it, I feel alive, and confident. So it is usually the two of these that I am switching out on a regular basis. I try to buy other jewelry but I always end up leaving with amber or amethyst instead.

Blessings,
Donna

stella01904
06-05-2005, 05:17
MM ~ I need moonstone to live. :D I've been wearing the same moonstone ring for about seven years. I also like amethyst, rainbow moonstone, amber (especially green) and opal. I like rounded carbuchons and not faceted stuff. Except naturally faceted. I have a pair of Herkimer diamond (double terminated crystal) and amethyst earrings I love that are great transmitters, if I am trying to send "mental messages"! Currently wearing blue chalcedony. Huge ring with earrings to match. I love it, its very tranquil. BB, Stella

amyel
06-05-2005, 08:34
As Marion & Ruby7 can attest, I have alot of semi-precious gemstone jewelry...I like opals of all colors, rainbow moonstone, labradorite, amber, garnets, but also have at least one pendant in almost every other semi-precious stone, plus Pukua shells & shells. I have one bracelet in shades of orange-y carnelian, a rasbery tourmeline ring and a rainbow moonstone ring, and don't even get me started on my earrings!

I guess I am a jewelry junkie!

It is pretty much the only way I "work" with stones - to wear them. Sometimes I match by clothing/outfit, butmostly I grab whatever I am drawn to for the day. I figure this is the stone's energy drawing me.

The days I allow the jewelry to choose me are the days I feel alot less stressed by the end of the day....

lunalafey
06-05-2005, 09:33
I have alot of pieces too.... too many to wear all at the same time.

Everyday things are the rings and they change over the years.
Currently I have a facited Amythest ring done in a semi Native American style, with a blossom and leaf with shoots.
Then for Christmas I got a wonderful moonstone cabachon ring. I like it becasue I'm not much for big rings, but since this is set sideways in a nice simple 4 point bezel, it just looks like it belongs on my finger (and the one finger that needed a ring).

A very black Quartz with a small opal
I have an AquaAura pendant accented with opal and purple flourite.
Another rainbow florite tounge.
A few fossil pieces.

I know there's more- but I can be rough on jewelry so I tend to keep them put away.

cosmic_bubble
13-03-2006, 02:34
i lost a lovely serpentine ring that i had :(

at the moment i'm wearing a ring of rose quartz :) i think my fave is my aquamarine necklace :)

Acadia
13-03-2006, 03:58
Looking at my fingers... I'm wearing a Iolite and Garnet ring that is shaped like a butterfly... It is a reminder of when my husband and I first met since it's the ring he presented me with when he said he loved me for the first time... So that's a sign of love. I wear an Opal band to remind me of my sister and Texas... I wear a Mystic Topaz ring that reminds me of Seattle and all of my dreams, a Larimar ring that reminds me of the beauty of the Carribean ocean... And a band of plastic stones that reminds me of the fall and my favorite time of year.

My rings and jewelry have personal significance and carry personal power depending on what was going on when I got them. That is really how all of my significant jewelry feels as far as meaning goes. Even my wedding ring, which is Opal, Amethyst, and Diamond, carries with it special energy.

bullfrog
13-03-2006, 12:29
I wear a Siberian Crystal (it's a lovely bright blue color), and amethyst pendant most of the time. I have a few other stones and pendants I wear off and on.

Cerulean
13-03-2006, 12:41
Jade, as it works for me in a ring.

Pearl, my birthstone and was given a silver and pearl necklace made by my sister-in-law.

My favorite opals, citrine and other things are changed by season.

Amethyst and lapis, as well

Once in a while, the ruby/garnets for 'dressing up,' but I'm mostly casual, so the ones above work best for everyday.

I carry a bit of moonstone around with me.

Cerulean

pomemma
13-03-2006, 17:05
I recently purchased a necklace made with chakra stones which I wear every day

Alta
13-03-2006, 23:35
I don't wear my jewellry that often (which is too bad) but I am very drawn to aquamarine, and also, but not in the same piece, to rubies or red spinel. I have a ring with a piece of purple (untreated) chalcedony in it which really speaks to me. And two, a malachite bead necklace which just feels powerful and a lapis bead necklace which I love because of the colour.
I would say for me it is mostly colour, except for the malachite which I can really feel acting. I bought the malachite necklace on a trip to Arizona, right at the end of a canyon we were taking a tour of. A group of natives were selling their work, which was excellent!

huredriel
14-03-2006, 00:53
I wear two necklaces every day (both Christmas presents) ..... a beautiful pendant which has moonstone in it :) .... and one which is an apache tear obsidian. I think they've both helped me to be a lot calmer and more *go with the flow* than before I wore them :)

The only time they come off is doing yoga or on a night out on the town!

a_shikhs
14-03-2006, 01:03
I wear an amethyst bracelet daily and sometimes a clear quartz bracelet.. I plan to wear an amethyst pendant also which was given to me by a lovely AT member.. :)

Guiding Cauldron
14-03-2006, 01:06
i have quite a few gems, stone in jelwery format but i rarely find myself wearing them anymore :( i think its due to not wanting my 15 mth old son to yank on them and break them kinda thing.

however i own th efollowing:

platinum and diamond ring, i wear alwasy as its my wedding set :), unless im mad at him!! JUST KIDDING

garnet and gold ring, braclet, and earrings

black onyx and silver ring- i used to LOVE that and wore it often as a teen.and in my twenties.

gold and emerald ring with diamonds

jade bead necklace from china- it was from my grandparents

pearl nacklace and earrings set from bangladesh

rose quartz pendant carved as a rose bloom- i use this for crystal work mostly now

i just got a beautiful amathyst pendant on a silver chain for an early easter prezzie

\i think thats it, to be honest its been a while since i took a peek at what i own! i suppose thats so bad...will try to wear again :)

agedog1
14-03-2006, 01:17
I make jewerly to help support my Ferret Shelter - always have an abundance of almost any semi-precious stone available. Today I'm Wearing a necklace with Red Agate (beads) and Picture Agate (beads). Have a hair dressing appointment

agedog1
14-03-2006, 01:20
The Tarot Box Contest is going well. Think I will do a new one for one of my necklace's - what do you guys/gals think? Good idea? Bad idea?

catlin
14-03-2006, 01:28
@agedog: of course this would be a great idea with all the jewelry junkies here around!!

My favs are: amethyst, magnetite, hematite, black tourmaline (Schörl), garnet, amber, tiger eye. Currently I am wearing a long magnetite necklace which you can also turn into a bracelet and some heavy silver rings.

Greywoolfe
15-03-2006, 04:06
Around my neck I wear a chakra necklace of Amethyst, Carnelian, Haematite, Quartz, Aventurine and Jasper among others, and a silver Two Of Cups pendant. on my wrist I wear a seven-eyed Tibetan Dzi-bead bracelet made from black and brown Agate stones, and a 22-bead mala made from Sodalite beads. I also have a 108-bead prayer mala that I made myself from Lapis Howlite, with Carnelian marker and guru beads, with a red and saffron tassel.

:T2C

agedog1
15-03-2006, 05:26
Around my neck I wear a chakra necklace of Amethyst, Carnelian, Haematite, Quartz, Aventurine and Jasper among others, and a silver Two Of Cups pendant. on my wrist I wear a seven-eyed Tibetan Dzi-bead bracelet made from black and brown Agate stones, and a 22-bead mala made from Sodalite beads. I also have a 108-bead prayer mala that I made myself from Lapis Howlite, with Carnelian marker and guru beads, with a red and saffron tassel.

:T2C

My GOSH you are ready for ANY SITUATION! All Base's covered.

sharpchick
15-03-2006, 05:51
Mostly pendants of individual stones, but I also have two pairs of earrings - one turquoise and one with rose quartz.

I always carry my jet with me.

powdermonkey
16-03-2006, 00:33
I'm wearing 6mm lapis lazuli plugs in my ears at the moment, but I don't wear them all the time because i'm afraid they'll fall out and i'll lose them! I have pendants made out of tiger's eye, charoite and labradorite. I'm a bit of a fashion victim so I'll usually only wear them if they match my outfit, eheh. I adore the labradorite one, though, it's the one I wear most often.

psychic sue
23-03-2006, 21:38
Rings -

Amethyst
Mother of Pearl
Labradorite
Pink Topaz
Onyx
Alexadrite cats eye

I am a ring-o-holic. I love my Gems.

anonymous_artist
17-10-2006, 17:32
Amethyst bracelet which I made my self and a Clear Quartz pendant which I wear around my neck on a silver necklace.

mysticmonkey
21-10-2006, 00:46
I have a lovely little Amethyst lizard pendant that I used to wear a lot. I had it on a black choker but I need to get a new cord as the clasp on the old one got a little tarnished and rusty from wearing it in the shower one too many times.

I also really like my small jade dragon pendant although I don't wear it nearly enough.
Maybe I will today. :)

Whitestar
21-10-2006, 04:45
I have a labradorite and iolite necklace that I love...

And I really want a smoky quartz necklace I've had my eye on!

Razordance
24-10-2006, 13:57
The only thing I wear on a regular basis is my amber ring. I have a very nice quartz pendant which I can't wear because it gives me headaches, and most of my other pieces are pewter or silver, with no crystals. I do, however, carry crystals and stones in my pocket depending on what I think I need with me on any given day.

charmed1980
25-10-2006, 03:03
I have a tiger's eye necklace :) It's beautiful ... not to mention when I do wear it ... or carry around my tiger's eye rock, I feel different...almost calmer. I have a few other loose rocks that I carry with me everywhere I go..amethyst...crystal...& garnet.. I wear the triquetra symbol(silver) on my necklace sometimes, or an arrow with a purple stone in the middle(not sure what gem purple is called) but I was told when I bought it that it is to wart off jealousy ... :)

Most of the jewelry is soo beautiful. I love the wands also!!

SuzanneMoon
05-11-2006, 14:34
I love my tigers eye cube braclet i wear it all the time i also like to wear my Jade necklace and also my snowflake obisidian at times too.
I have hundreds of chip braclets but still say my golden tigers eye is my favourite :)

viking goddess
05-11-2006, 23:17
I wear a bloodstone ring everyday that my best friend gave me. I also make necklaces and bracelets and earrings and anklets. Mostly I combine stones for particular healing purpose, and I've had a lot of success with helping people with various issues. More recently I've been making straight up pendants to wear. So I have a lot of pieces around and I kind of alternate based on how I feel. Today I'm wearing my moonstone and bloodstone necklace and a piece of celestite that I wrapped. One of my favorite combos that I made is a necklace with bloodstone, amber, lepidolite, rutilated quartz and snowflake obsidian. I wear that one if I'm feeling depressed and it generally snaps me out of it. That combo came to me in a dream. I have a nice hematite neckace from a friend. If I put that on when I'm feeling agitated or have insomnia or a head ache, it calms me down immediately. I wear a ruby in ziosite pendant (choker length) if my energy is feeling low. If my wrist is hurting I have a bracelet I made that is pyrite, moss agate, malachite, lapis, pearl, rose quartz, hematite, snowflake obsidian. Another single stone I like to wear is my tibetan black ice crystal on a chain. When I go to faires I wear a necklace that is pyrite, citrine, snowflake obsidian and hematite. It feels very protective and lucky.

Wandlimb
06-11-2006, 21:44
I wear an amethyst and diamond ring and an amethyst necklace, both from my boyfriend. Guess he knows I like amethyst...

Daimayo
11-11-2006, 02:12
Hi all... I always wear a Garnet and lapislazuli neckle... It stones supose to amplify aura :P... and that :D.

Goai
12-11-2006, 11:16
Hi. :) I just wear an orbicular jasper--at least I think it's called that, or it's an ocean jasper. It's the shape of a small kidney and has green, violet and orange orbs and lines on a mostly white/clear background. I love it :D

NightQueen
12-11-2006, 12:44
I feel i need to wear a turquoise but i still haven't found the perfect shape pendant or colouring, i dont wont one with marks on it just a nice clean blue one:) it's my favourite crystal

Briar Rose
12-11-2006, 13:51
NightQueen, you might want to look for what's called Sleeping Beauty turquiose. It's from the Sleeping Beauty mine, here in the sates. It's pure light blue with no marks. Expensive.

Dancing Bear
12-11-2006, 14:15
I am a jewellry-o'holic, I make most of my jewellry and I love my gems.

I always wear my Lapis Lazuli , aquamarine , Garnet & diamond ( wedding and engagement) Rings. I do on occasion swap one for an amethyst ring. I do Have my eye on some Moonstone ;)

My necklaces I have many gem ones but 3 favourites I alternate all the time. One is with a beautiful Clear quartz pyramid set in silver filgaree and rose , on a strand of wooden beads, the Other one i am wearing now, has a dragon holding an Amethyst,the strand has clear quartz, Cirtrine, Jade,aventurine, agate & smoky quartz with black glass bead spacers. mixed with porcelain, and wooden beads. One other necklace i love is a massive aventurine( hubby gifted me), with hematite ,agate, clear quartz,tourmaline, and other natural coloured river stones.. I made all three and alternately wear all the time. I am just about to embark on making a necklace made of Snowflake obsidian, which is absolutely beautiful.( grandma gifted me)

Earrings I have a few favourites too. I love dangly earrings and wear garnet majority of the time, i do alternate with an Amethyst pair and a jade pair, the rest of my earrings are hand blown in all colours glass beads or massive hoops..

I mainly wear silver bracelets i do wear an amethyst one on occasion and one with aventurine & agate chunks in..

I mainly go for a gems that i like the colour and looks of rather than is meaning.. If the meaning for it is good and helps protect , that is an added bonus..
What can i say i am also a fashion junkie (my own fashion LOL) i choose my jewellry to match my outfits.. Or mood !

NightQueen
12-11-2006, 15:44
NightQueen, you might want to look for what's called Sleeping Beauty turquiose. It's from the Sleeping Beauty mine, here in the sates. It's pure light blue with no marks. Expensive.

thanks heavensvault ill check it out now:D

viking goddess
12-11-2006, 22:53
your jewelry sounds great dancing bear.

ana luisa
12-11-2006, 23:04
I don´t know much about stones but I would really like to know from you experts in gemstones, what energy I could expect from Onix. It is by far my favorite stone to wear. It´s not that I find it particularly beautiful, there are others I find much more attractive (saphire, topaz...) However, it soothes me like no other. Any input will be helpful. Thanks!