Language block

jumptothemoonyea

Could anyone please recommend a herb or crystal to improve my language skills and reduce my fear of speaking? Thank you.

Elven

Hi jumptothemoon,

When I was having difficulty reading the cards a while back I used to wear a turquoise necklace and one with lapis-lazuli in it. This was for the throat chakra - a blue stone or blue gem - to help me to express what I wanted to say. Everytime I touched my throat area - which I would do when I was nervous,- I remembered the purpose of why I was wearing it. The other necklace I could see on my chest as it was on a long strand. It helped me overcoming my stop start conversation. It helped me concentrate and flow my words together.

Just a thought...

Blessings
Elven x

Gaby

Also aquamarine, carnelian, emerald and opal *Ü*

Skydancer

Elven - great idea!
I have a 'tarot' necklace that I wear when out sometimes but ya know, it hadn't occured to me to wear it for when I'm doing readings here at home.

I need to do something to concentrate my thoughts too. Help me find words to speak aloud - speaking to myself inside my head is easy!! TOO easy - I forget to speak out loud for practice.

Take care ~
*S*

Elven

Skydancer said:
Elven - great idea!
I have a 'tarot' necklace that I wear when out sometimes but ya know, it hadn't occured to me to wear it for when I'm doing readings here at home.

I need to do something to concentrate my thoughts too. Help me find words to speak aloud - speaking to myself inside my head is easy!! TOO easy - I forget to speak out loud for practice.

Take care ~
*S*

Hi Skydancer *waves madly*, Hi All,

I just needed to say that I was terribly shy when I first started reading and especially in front of people I knew. Even the slightest form of aquaintence to someone used to make me nearly throw up if they asked for a reading. I wasn't confident and I couldn't speak. I would sit and baulk at everything I was about to say. The gaps of silence where so uncomfortable for myself and for the sitter. It was so horrible, I wanted to tell them to go home and not bother with me, and see someone else.

This was when I decided to read wearing the necklaces. Then I chose to wear a blue dress to read in as well. With the associations of colour and the stones, I felt stronger, and so I would hold my necklace and just chat away. The difference was amazing! I had a feeling of presence, and the blues suited me. I looked and felt happier, very confident!

I didnt need to wear the blue coloured clothing after a while and switched to very bright oranges, red, pinks and yellows. Now it never matters, I wear what ever I want. I still wore my necklaces though, and I still have them today. When I see them it reminds me of that time and I think how far I have come since then.

Just thought I'd share.

Blessings
Elven x

jumptothemoonyea

Thanks a lot for the help and advise Elven, Gaby, Skydancer. I have found an old silver necklace decorated with pieces of turquoise in my treasure chest. It seems to help. I wonder if there are any herbs which can help.

Elven

Hi jumptothemoonyea!

Can you get hold of some Bach Flower Remedies. I remember using these as well. They are little bottles of natural flower mixtures. To use the drops you place a few under your tounge and help with all kinds of emotional or challenging situations. I found these were great as well for overcoming confrontations.
They are available here in health food shops.

Just a thought.

Blessings
Elven x