PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Help

mike gorth
14-05-2005, 10:29
I did check all of the other avatar threads as well as the one that is like 5 beneath me but when ever I try to upload a saved picture, I get a blank screen with the tool bar and everything. It's just white and has this printed at the top

POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.

What does this mean? I really am not all that computer knowledgeable so any advice please help. The only thing that might help is that my dad is the administrator for my login name. Please help because I found a great avatar I want to put up.

Pleadingly

Mike Gorth

Alta
14-05-2005, 22:15
Where are you uploading from? Another web site?

I think the ATF will only accept images from your hard drive.

Try downloading your image, saving it to your own PC and then uploading from there.

Also, it has to be only 40 X 40 pixels, though you likely knew that.

mike gorth
15-05-2005, 03:09
Okay so I'll save it to my pictures and then try and upload it.

tmgrl2
15-05-2005, 03:15
I think Marion's suggestion will work...

You have to have the Avatar saved on her hard drive and it has to be the right size...then you can browze and upload. I save them to my desktop for ease of finding them...or to My Pictures.

Should work.

terri

mike gorth
15-05-2005, 03:17
grrr. I saved it to my pictures but it still says

POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.

I don't get it.

mike gorth
15-05-2005, 03:19
Is it okay if I copy it off of the internet and then save it?

tmgrl2
15-05-2005, 03:24
Is it okay if I copy it off of the internet and then save it?

Not if it is copyrighted....I wanted to save one from a site when I got my eagle, but they were for "purchase," so I didn't ...Joan made my eagle for me...

Try saving it to your desktop...then open it with a picture program (Image Expert, PictureIt, Adobe) and crop if needed, then reduce pixel so that one of the two is no larger than 40 pixels. The closer it is to a square, the better...so it might be 39 x 35 pixels, for example. But one of the two can't be more than 40 pixels...

Then Save as....

Rename it...and save to desktop and try again.

terri

mike gorth
15-05-2005, 03:28
I'll just stick with the ying yang i guess cuz I don't have a picture program except paint and I don't think that works does it?

tmgrl2
15-05-2005, 03:39
Most computers come with at least one picture program...unless yours was before that time....search and you may find it in the start....Programs menu...

terri

Alta
15-05-2005, 03:47
I think Paint allows you to resize, it is a pretty basic feature.

There are sites with tons of free avatars, usually sorted by size.

Google on 'free avatars'.

Sulis
15-05-2005, 05:05
Hi Mike,

I was about to point you in the direction of a site called 'Cadfael's avatars' but it seems it no longer exists.

Here's another good site for free avatars http://avatarsy.com/ - if you need them made smaller and don't know how, get in touch with someone from the site - they'll probably help.

Love

Sulis xx

Moongold
15-05-2005, 09:18
Mike ~

If, after all that good advice, you are still having difficulties, you can email it to me and I will resize it for you and email it back.

MG

mike gorth
15-05-2005, 09:28
SSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked as you can see, now everyone knows I love hawaii

well

let me edit my little caption under my name

Mike Gorth

Thank you for all of the help