How many Professional Readers do we have?

Do you read Professionally?

• Yes - It's how I make my living

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Yes - Part time but not as my sole living

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • No - But I'm looking to start

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • No - I just read for myself/friends/family and I'm happy that way

Votes: 55 43.3%
  • What's Tarot?

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Emeraldgirl

I did a quick search and coldn't find anything but I was wondering ho many people here on AT read professionally? So I though I'd start a poll. BTW I am one who doesn't but may start soon (hopefully)

* By professional I mean people who are paid cash for readings and have a regular client base and/or work out of a new age store or anything along those lines*

Moongold

Emeraldgirl ~

I don't want to earn money from Tarot but I'd like to read for others face to face - in live situations. I think that is the next step for me. Hopefully soon.

WalesWoman

I'm still getting up the nerve to sit somewhere in public and take out my deck. I have done one "live" reading and was a nervous wreck and misread the cards unbelievably, couldn't think of one spread to save my soul and this was for a freind I felt comfortable with. I just can't seem to make any sense when I can't write it out first, it's hard to just think on my feet so to speak and makes me nervous and unsure of myself.

So at this point, I wouldn't consider doing readings anywhere but with freinds and usually when I can let them sit overnight and let my thoughts flow as I write them up and email or post them. Still ... I don't think I'd feel comfortable reading for people who don't "know" what tarot is or understand something about it... so they can use their own knowledge and intuition to get more from what I read for them.

Simone

Working on it...

I have made flyers to offer readings and distributed them in the neighbourhood. They have turned out to be found in places where I did not put them...

One person called me, but then decided otherwise. Another person came, got a reading and paid, though :D

Just yesterday, having one of my flyers in my bag came in handy, I met a very interested lady at the tarot section of a bookstore, and I gave it to her. Maybe i should have a flyer in my bag always, just in case?

Violinagin

I just take out my cards when I'm out and about and so far I've been asked to do some readings. But I don't charge anything... yet. I'd like to be a professional reader some day :).

Grigori

*giggling* Moongold why would you have an option for people who have never heard of tarot on this poll, but no option for those who have never been catholic in your other poll? })

I voted part time. I read occasionally for cash, but more often offer reading as an additional service when people are already paying for my time.

Simone

}) similia.... let's blame it on the cold... })

(it's not moongold's poll ;) }))

hehe :D

Emeraldgirl

Nope it's mine :D })

Grigori

Oops sorry Moongold and EmeraldGirl :) I am having trouble thinking today. Also I have trouble reading, drinking, eating, getting enough sympathy to result in a cooked meal for dinner.......

I must have read Moongold's name and got it stuck in my head. I shall rephrase my question:

Moongold, why do you not design polls like EmeraldGirl does? :D ;) :D

Moongold

Dear Similia ~

No wonder nobody wants to cook for you :D

Moongold