black stones

psychic sue

A friend has bought me a beautiful bracelet - small black stones that have a kind of grey sheen to them. She says they are to help with healing, and I have been wearing it all the time, and do feel better. Can anyone help with what these stones are and what properties they possess?

Sue

huredriel

I don't know a lot about stones, but could they be hematite?

Bean Feasa

Sounds like haematite to me too, Sue. Also called bloodstone - bigger pieces have, or can develop (not sure which), small red flecks. I think I know the kind of bracelet you're talking about - I had one at one stage - and the stones have been 'finished' with a metallic grey sheen, so there's no red in them.
Haematite is very grounding - some people find it a bit too heavy, even depressing (there's a thread about this somewhere on this forum). If you're the airy-fairy type though you'll find it beneficial. I'm a Gemini and a generally hyper, wired-to-the-moon type of personality, and I find it has a lovely calming, grounding effect. I lost the bracelet, but I have a piece of haematite in a small dish of 'dark' stones (smoky quartz, obsidian, chalcedony etc.) on my bedside locker and I think they help me sleep better - something I used to have a lot of trouble with.
:) Kate

Kyrielle

Interesting fact: Hematite is iron ore. Those little red flecks are the same thing as rust.

Kyrielle

psychic sue

Thanks for your replies. Yes it is Hematite, I had a look at them on Google.

I've been suffering from anxiety so that's why she picked it for me.

I've only been wearing it for a few days, so I can't really tell if it's making any difference yet, but I don't feel any worse, so maybe it will help.

Blessings

Sue x

jayde

I found lavendar really helped me. I've been really stressed the last few weeks, and when I was at the mall, I stopped to look at a lavendar eye mask and decided to buy it. Every time I got a tension headache or couldn't sleep, I slipped that mask on and I was all better. Slept like a log, too! :)