Hematite versus pyrite

wizzle

Hematite and pyrite have a lot in common physically in that they are both iron compounds and both naturally shiney.

I've seen quite a bit about the use of hematite in magic/divination but not all that much about pyrite which is surprising to me since pyrite is used in jewelry under the name of marcasite. I adore marcasite and have a fairly large collection. Cunningham deals with rough pyrite, which is a gold color, in his book. But, as marcasite it is definetly grey like hematite. I've not seen this aspect of pyrite covered anywhere.

I was wondering if anyone has worked with both hematite and marcasite and could share their observations. From what I can tell, marcasite is a "lighter" or "softer" energy in jewelry than is hematite but both work to ground and stabalize. I also think that marcasite is the more psychiclly reflective of the two stones and, thus, a better guard stone.

I'm looking forward to your insights.

MFSOCIAS

Hi! Hope this helps you

I´ve worked with them both, In my experience Hematite is more Body Tuned, is more like a Fire Stone so It can help with blod or skin, In magic Is great for using it as magic mirrors, great for protection or sending negativity back to those who send it to you in the first place.

Pyrite is more like an Earth Stone. Is better for grounding, and for helping to achieve stability, is softer cause it has a more stable energy. Helps to build a solid funation for your projects. Pyrite is conected with wealth, the energy it creates for you is more expansive than protective.

wizzle

Thanks MF

Thanks MF. You gave a concise and understandable explanation.

I see you joined yesterday. Welcome. I look forward to more posts from you.

I'm new too.

Phoenix

Of course, you have to keep in mind as well that pyrite is Iron Sulfide, while hematite is Iron Oxide. So chemiclly, they are different.