Gay Tarot?

Knight of Wands

Hey, I was wondering if there is a spread designed to help you find out wether someone is gay....I know it sounds strange....but i was wondering if one exists!

Any help would be great

x Knight Of Wands

light2000

i dont know if there are a spread for gay people but htere are a gay decks tarot.
i think that you will enjoy that. of course that this decks could be use by every one and is a beatifull decks. i think that can be nice to you to have one of those,dont you?

Knight of Wands

Yeah I think that would be kool, I might get one, dont know when though because im happy with my universal deck at the moment, but later on, i could well get one!

Rogan

This has come up before in the forums...

Firstly, though - Why on earth do you wanna know something like that, and why use Tarot to get you the answer. If the guy is closeted, dont you think it's in his best interests not to "out him" with a spread?

Reading without someones permission is frowned upon by a lot of people - But I think even worse is trying to pry into people secrets.

No, I dont know a spread that determines someones sexuality.

Rogan.

Ankou

I must agree with Rogan... The best way to find out something personal like that is to get to know the person and then ask them. Outting someone with tarot seems... dishonest to be quite blunt.

Perhaps doing a reading WITH them will open up the door to a personal conversation where you can learn more about them in which case any appropriate spread to their question will work.

Just my two cents :)

Love and Light,

Ankou

Sulis

Hi Knight of Wands,

I agree with what others have said: If someone wants to tell you their sexual orientation then they will, if they don't tell you then it's none of your business.

I know of no tarot spread to tell if someone is gay or straight -wouldn't use one if I did because I would think to use a spread like that would be ethically wrong for me.

We've had a very long discussion about the ethics of this question a little while ago. Here's a link to the thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=33959&highlight=gay

You may find it interesting.

Love

Sulis xx

Moonbow

[Moderator note]

I'm moving this thread to Talking Tarot which seems more appropriate taking into account the topic and the direction that the thread is taking.

Moonbow*
Moderator Tarot Spreads

Sophie

Well now, you've received a number of rather frowning responses, but it is of course possible to see if someone is gay or straight. I don't know of any spread: perhaps you can design your own if you want one? But apart from that I think the best thing is to get to know your cards intimately, not by set meanings, but by exploration and thinking and developing your sense of observation and intimacy with the cards. They are your cards, you ought to be able to know them like your own smell. You also practice reading for yourself and for as many people as you can - and remember this is their lives you're motivated by, not your curiosity. Practice your intuition. Eventually you will get to a point where you know yourself and your cards, and are so open to other people, that facts about them that you are meant to know you will see in your cards.

There is no quick fix to understand the infinite variety of humanity, but if you approach it and your cards with an open mind and willingness to learn, you will start to see -and feel - things in your cards that you are having trouble seeing now.

Set cards? No - that would be cheating. There could be any number of combinations which on the day might, or might not, tell you something exact and specific about the person in question.

As for it remaining a secret - why that more than anything else in the person's life? If someone consults, he/she must understand that things can show up in cards they might have been holding secret. That's not to say you blurt out to a guy in front of his wife: "I see you're a closet gay!" But I think that aspect - that tarot can throw up things that are hidden - all tarot readers should explain at the outset of a reading.

Oni

why do u need such a spread? i mean what r u using if for?

Little Baron

Interesting posts ... I am guessing that, after partisipating in one of 'King of Wand's' other threads, that he was just curious about someone that he is interested in. I don't think that outing someone or uncovering their secrets was ever the motivation; just a personal curiosity.

I don't know of a spread like this and I don't think that a spread would work that way, but I agree with Helvetica that after you really gel with your cards, combinations and previous experiences could link you to insights about someone - their sexuality could be part of that.

LB