Guys who read Tarot

Rogan

Okay = Attention all you men out there (and all you women/men who love them)

Im a 24yo guy - I play football, drink with my mates at the pub occasionally, enjoy sport, enjoy war films and have a soft spot for big dogs...

And, I read Tarot...

Its not something a lot of people know - And when people DO find out they're like "What?.... YOU read TAROT?!...."

Lets face it, there's a stereotype on the Tarot Reader, and Im not talking about a gypsie staring into a crystal ball - Im talking... well... female...

So how many of you guys out there struggle with your tarot prowess?
What do people think?

Knight of Wands

Im a guy and I have no problem with anyone at school for reading Tarot and being a guy, even the really hard chavs come to me for readings and some people call me 'Gypsie Jim' lol!! If i go to my friends house, i'm usually asked my their family to do readings...wow im rambling...but the point is that no1 has ever been weird cause i'm a male tarot reader...

Fulgour

Leaving aside all the typical bullshit anyone halfway intelligent
gets from local idiots, like if you are talented and like to read,
well it's kind of empowering to know for yourself who you are.

Stereotypes are for single-minded people. "Let the music play!"

tarotbear

Most people who freak out when they find out I read cards are freaking out because that means I am INTO THE OCCULT;the fact that I am male has nothing to do with it ... where did that last chicken go? I still have to bite it's head off..... :smoker:

WalesWoman

Some of the best readings I ever had were from a guy, and they were quite accurate... especially since I was quite freaked out about getting into my current relationship and thought I was deluding myself at the time.

Since he wasn't always around, I couldn't get readings whenever I wanted one so he was one of the main reasons I lost my fear of Tarot and began reading for myself.

I like the way guys read, it is intrinsically different from the way a woman does... not sure if I can pinpoint how. More direct perhaps?

Alissa

Guys who read Tarot are sexy, period.... })

... :smoker:

cormac

i didn't know there was a stereotype -- i haven't run into yet anyway

gareth.

Just look at it as part of the Spectrum.

Bit ago I tried with MetaC a joint (but different) female/male reading offer. We drew the same cards but definitely read them according to sexual oriented lobes (as in Brain).Mind you after a brilliant past Life reading earlier this year on this site I have been a woman (so I am told) in B.C. Assyria......so who cares????

HOLMES

i read the tarot

though I am not the sterotypical man,
i got tons of tarot, spiritual tarot books behind me in the dresser,
got two coolers of tarot,
got the 800 astrology course sitting on the floor,
in the other dresser is all brunch of guitar instructional videos
and on the floor by my bed is a box full of dvd, and box full of cd, box full of games,
and an xbox and ps2 sitting on the floor.

perhaps i am example of the guy nerd eheheh.

but still if i guy tarot readers are sexy more power to me right :)