sea water

LadyofDreams

in a few weeks I am going to Honduras for two weeks, and the second week I will be doing quite a lot of scuba diving.I have a small piece of rough black tourmaline on a necklace which I wear all the time.

should there be any problem with wearing it in the sea?

always,
~lady~

wizzle

Should be no prob with the stone, per se. Your necklace, however, unless it is made of gold, could react to sea water which is very corrosive. Silver is probably OK too. But "costume jewelry" type metals are iffy.

Bluemanticore

LadyofDreams, I would suggest if you have any doubts whatsoever if it is ok to wear in the sea or not, don't. Better to be safe than sorry.

light2000

Hi LadyofDreams !!

It´s better never put salt one your crystals.It´s good to clean it and is an old method to clean, but ruins your crystals. Not all, and i think that the tourmaline, but i had a lot of crystals that had lost is color because of that.
The salt enter at the samll holes of crystals,and stay there. And you know what salt do on iron, or any kind of metal, dont you?
Doenst do the same at crystals but the color stays more light.
Bye

lunalafey

I would be more worried about losing it in the Ocean than what the ocean water would do to it.
Silver won't be damaged by salt water and I don't think tourmoline would be hurt by it either.

LadyofDreams

thanks for the replies :)

it is only on a piece of black cord, so I am not worried about that bit, but I might see if i can get a small tumblestone of black tourmaline instead of the rough piece for whilst I am in the sea. I am very attached to the piece on the necklace :p

always,
~lady~