FantasyWorld
06-06-2005, 01:10
Does anybody have this book?
I'd like to buy it or trade for it. Wanted people's opinions:D

WhiteRaven
06-06-2005, 01:48
Does anybody have this book?
I'd like to buy it or trade for it. Wanted people's opinions:D

I'm in need of the names of the books that you already have on this topic...the ones you have referenced to in the past for me.

Please :D

FantasyWorld
06-06-2005, 10:23
The gathering of the books begins:
I think the one you liked the most was Crystal Wisdom-Dolfyn and/or possibly
Crystal Enlightenment-Katrina Raphaell
Illustrated Guide to Crystals and The Crystal Bible (really nice to have)-Judy Hall
Healing with Gemstones and Crystals
Cosmic Crystals-Ra Bonewitz
Healing Stoned-Julia Lorusso and Joel Glick

and just enroute soon to me from Amazon and Ebay:
Crystals and Crystal Healing: Placements and Techniques for Restoring Balance-Simon Lilly bought on a wim don't know much about it and Love is in the Earth finally! Melody

I also want:
The American Indian: Secrets of Crystal Healing
by Luc Bourgault
and many many others})

WhiteRaven
06-06-2005, 10:45
Thanks for the info :)

They all sound good..!!!!

WhiteRaven
22-06-2005, 05:43
Hi FantasyWorld...

I just received the "Crystal Enlightment" by Katrina Raphaell and it looks to be quite interesting.

I'm wondering...the book "Healing with Gemstones and Crystals" that you have...Who is the Author?

FantasyWorld
26-06-2005, 15:11
Sorry, just now saw your post:
It's kinda old, copyright 1986
Daya Sarai Chocron

I now have volume 1 and 2 of Katrina Raphaell books which I like fairly well. Volume 2 has layouts and such by refers to volume 1 often. I'm waiting for another one:
Crystal Power, Crystal Healing: The Complete Handbook
[Paperback] by Gienger...I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

WhiteRaven
26-06-2005, 23:13

Let me know about the new book when you get it!

WR

FantasyWorld
02-07-2005, 03:50
Still hasn't arrived yet:(
Emailed them to see if it's even been mailed yet. Been almost 3 weeks. Grr

FantasyWorld
02-07-2005, 03:53
In the meantime though, one of my other new books proves interesting:
Healing with Crystals and Gemstones
Daya Sarai Chocron

Written in the 80's. Has some good info.

FantasyWorld
08-07-2005, 04:02

Let me know about the new book when you get it!

WR

It finally came...I'll try to post something about it soon;)

FantasyWorld
08-07-2005, 10:02
Okay, while I haven't read the whole thing,duh,LOL, I'll give you a rundown:
It starts out pretty technical...talking about how they are formed and such and what they are made of, pretty good indo but kinda hard to asborb right off, at least for me, then he goes into using them, laying on and such, not what I expected but interesting...then he goes into indiviual ones and has pics of them. It's about 400 pages. I'd say all in all it's a good one to have on the shelf as reference.

Deszroo
08-07-2005, 13:38
If you mean the book by Michael Gienger?...I would recommend it. At first I didn't think I'd care for it...but I soon realized the value of this book in that it starts out giving the reader a very good introduction to how minerals are made in the earth...theres lots of professional quality photos as well through out the book. Theres also an interesting forward by/about the author. You get a good geography/science lesson in this book. The colorful pictures really made it palatable for me. I really appreciate this book now especially as a reference. His mineral list is good. He's informative in offering per crystal or rock some brief technical information on the header of the page and then a few lines for: Mineralogy, Mythology, Healing (in three sections/brief paragrahs: Spiritually, Emotionally, Mentally, Physically, and Application which is a suggested best use of the crystal or rock. In fact each of the healing "sections" offers insight on the use and effect of the mineral in question. Along side the pages are great photos in color of the crystal or rock. Its the kind of book I will re-read and probably find something I missed or get further understanding each time.I speak for myself of course...since its overall new info for me. The book is well written and nice quality book material physically. Its a translated book with lots of copyright dates as they probably had to do so at various times but my book is 1998 with earlier dates mentioned for other publishings. Here is a sneek peek of "Table of Contents":

Foreward

Part 1: The world of rocks and stone
1.1 The origins of minerals
The Earths boiling water
The formation of igneous rocks and minereals
The formation of sedimentary rocks and minerals
The formation of metamorphic rocks and minerals
The application of the formation principal to healing

1.2 Crystals
The discovery of crystals
The crystal systems
Discovering the connections between crystallline structures
and lifestyles
How crystal structures can affect us
How to heal with crystal structures

There are more to the contents the next chapters are 1.2 Mineral foming elemets...1.4 The colour of minerals....Part 2 The art of healing with crystals.
Part 3.1 The healing properties of precious stones (what follows is a list of the minerals and their pages).

If technical stuff turns you off...don't let it with this one. There a wonderful visual references that are upbeat and understandable. I really got a deeper appreciation for the planet, basic principles that life, and what goes into making natures minerals or "living beings" as they are. . Hope this helps.

Desz

FantasyWorld
11-07-2005, 00:34
If you mean the book by Michael Gienger?...I would recommend it. At first I didn't think I'd care for it...but I soon realized the value of this book in that it starts out giving the reader a very good introduction to how minerals are made in the earth...theres lots of professional quality photos as well through out the book.
Desz

Yep, that's the one...thanks for posting the chapters. It is a valuable book, quite different from most of my others.

WhiteRaven
11-07-2005, 00:57
Thanks for the info....I probably will end up with this book one day..but for now I have a list as long as my arm almost that I want first. ;)