PDA

View Full Version : More lightsidedness - Astrological lightbulb jokes

Leo62
06-06-2005, 23:50
Saw this on an astrology discussion group ages ago - can't remember where...

How many of *your sign* does it take to change a lightbulb?

1. Aries - One. Want to make something of it?

2. Taurus - One, but try getting them to throw the old one away.

3. Gemini - One. No two. No, wait a minute, perhaps it was three...

4. Cancer - One, plus a therapist to help with the grief process of releasing the old lightbulb.

5. Leo - Leos don't change lightbulbs. They get in a Virgo to do it for them.

6. Virgo - One, with a margin for error of 0.0001

7. Libra - One. Or maybe two - is that all right with you?

8. Scorpio - That information is strictly classified. Anyway, they'd rather sit in the dark.

9. Saggittarius - The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day; who cares about boring old lightbulbs?

10. Capricorn - This whole post is trivial and I refuse to participate.

11. Aquarius - Do you know how many electrons it takes to make a lightbulb? I do. I counted them....

12. Pisces - Lightbulb? What lightbulb?

lunalafey
07-06-2005, 00:24

well this Capricorn says- none as well, but rather than brushing it off as trivial.... Forget the light bulb, there are no lamps in nature we are used to rubbing two sticks together.

Sophie-David
07-06-2005, 05:52
9. Saggittarius - The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day; who cares about boring old lightbulbs?

11. Aquarius - Do you know how many electrons it takes to make a lightbulb? I do. I counted them.... Well, this part was the most funny because I could really identify with it - it was the most like me and like things that I actually say or think. :) My Capricorn Sun agrees, "This is far too trivial to consider, step by step we have a mountain to climb and no time to waste". My Sagittarius Mars says, "You're right, the sun is shining, we're out of here." But, yeah, Aquarian Sophie and her gang would find it a real lark to consider the number of electrons it would take. The new world collective will need this attunement. Not that we would count them physically of course, perhaps we could use a bit of divination, or we could have Aquarian Mercury write us up a nifty computer simulation using fuzzy logic. ;)

Imagemaker
07-06-2005, 06:42
Libra - One. Or maybe two - is that all right with you?

But . . . but . . . this says nothing about how beeyooouuutiful the new lightbulb is!! It's so much better than that OLD bulb!!

Alta
07-06-2005, 06:47
1. Aries - One. Want to make something of it?

5. Leo - Leos don't change lightbulbs. They get in a Virgo to do it for them.
*snicker* What a pair I have in my head! Aries Sun and Mars (for taking action), Leo rising.

I do however change my own lightbulbs. Because I can't find a Virgo to do it for me. Believe me, I've looked. Cowardly little twerps, keep hiding from me. (kidding)

wizzle
07-06-2005, 07:28
Gemini - One. No two. No, wait a minute, perhaps it was three...

Virgo - One, with a margin for error of 0.0001

Saggittarius - The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day; who cares about boring old lightbulbs?

Excellent!

My Gemini moon would scurry off to the library to research this question. Then surf the web before trying to answer. Since neither the answers from books or web agree, it is no wonder there is serious confusion. Additional research is required and I feel bad because I can't answer the question.

My Saggittarius sun thinks this is hilarious and appropriate and goes off to ponder the universal meaning of light bulbs, torches and other archetypes of wisdom.

Thank heaven I have Virgo rising which takes care of mundane interfaces with the world, like light bulbs.

Skydancer
07-06-2005, 08:14
Oh I totally agree with ImageMaker -- such beUTIFUL light bulbs they be!!
Asthetically pleasing to the eye yet environmentally friendly.
Recylicable I'm sure.
Hand made.
In a third world country by well deserving village women.

But I'm also thinking candles are nice.

*S*:D

wizzle
07-06-2005, 08:24
Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but

1. Environmentally friendly bulbs are clearly ruled by Virgo since that sign has some thought (mercury) about the earth (venus).

2. Bulbs made in distant lands are under the auspices of Sagittarius. Libras are way too busy chatting up their buddies to get out into a larger world.

<<humpf>>

Not that these are my signs, or anything, mind.

Imagemaker
07-06-2005, 09:29
Libras are way too busy chatting up their buddies to get out into a larger world.

LOL, chatting up their internet buddies in the larger world and never getting out to the local scene! :)

rainwolf
07-06-2005, 09:36
My Saggittarius sun thinks this is hilarious and appropriate and goes off to ponder the universal meaning of light bulbs, torches and other archetypes of wisdom. Ditto that :P

I can PERFECTLY IMAGINE my cancer friend crying over the lightbulb. Her key phrase is "oh im so damn emotional" while crying. Sad buy stereotypically funny.

feticeira
07-06-2005, 09:57
This is crazy, last time it happened to me, I sulked with the old lightbulb in hand like a cancer while my leo rising got my mom to screw in the new one.

Violinagin
07-06-2005, 11:26
8. Scorpio - That information is strictly classified. Anyway, they'd rather sit in the dark.

This is SO me and my boyfriend! My boyfriend is SO secretive, that he probably wouldn't tell me where the lightbulbs were if one burst at his house. And then we'd sit in the dark because he likes that better anyway...

Of course, I have a lot of non-Capricorn momements, so I'm participating!

Rosanne
07-06-2005, 12:48
56. Virgo - One, with a margin for error of 0.0001

True- and if you use a silver lined bulb, it is better for your eyesight. You can get them in various wattage as well. Line them up on your shelf in their packets from 25w's through 250 ws and never be caught out. There are many uses for light bulbs- I always give my family one (average wattage) in each Xmas stocking to show them how much I care. I also include a list of medical conditions that can be alleviated by the judical use of them. It seems that all my neighbours are Leos. ~Rosanne

purplefishy
07-06-2005, 13:36
Of course we Pisces are oblivious to the fact that the lightbulb exists. Or, just in denial...deep, deep denial.
Hee.

Emeraldgirl
07-06-2005, 14:25
Of course we Pisces are oblivious to the fact that the lightbulb exists. Or, just in denial...deep, deep denial.
Hee.

Agreed and then my Saggittarius moon sign can go and play in the sunshine :)

Free Flight
07-06-2005, 18:10
2. Taurus - One, but try getting them to throw the old one away.

hey I like to hoard my lightbulbs, I cannot see why there would be a problem with it :)

love it Leo62, very true and apt :)

rcb30872
07-06-2005, 21:41
I'm a virgo- sun, capricorn - rising, taurus - moon. I have currently have 3 light bulbs that need changing. I can't be bothered!!!! Go figure, where does that fit in!! Perhaps taurus moon, laziness!!!!

Bec

Leo62
07-06-2005, 21:59
...well with Leo Sun and Virgo Moon, I can order myself to change lightbulbs! ;) (I try to boss the old man into doing it, but he has Taurus Moon and takes forever and a day to do anything....)