PDA

View Full Version : I can't find myself in a thread (not an existential question)

Junia
07-06-2005, 07:16
I have been unable to use the "Search this Thread" function typed in Junia not there. I wanted to edit a post already entered there. I manually looked for my name and it was there. Why would it not pull up my post? What do I do?:eek:

MeeWah
11-06-2005, 10:45
Junia: What thread is it & which forum?

Moongold
11-06-2005, 10:48
Yes - The search this thread function does not work for me either :)
No matter what key word I enter, it comes up with a phrase "Sorry - no matches".

Simone
11-06-2005, 20:47
Works fine for me though! I just tried it out.

Moongold
11-06-2005, 20:55
I just tried it again and it works fine now. But it has not in the past and it was not this morning. :)

Moonbow
11-06-2005, 20:58
It works for me too.

Try advanced search.

Solandia
13-06-2005, 15:45
The 'Search this thread' feature seems to search only the content of a post, and not the member information on the left. This means that you'll only find your own posts through a search if you sign them with your name, or if you have edited the post and left an 'Edited by yourname...' message.

Otherwise, the Advanced Search (http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php) offers more flexibility when searching.

~ Solandia

Junia
14-06-2005, 08:39
Thank you oh wise computer wise woman (the High Priestess of AT). That's what I get for using a snotty quote instead of my signature.

Kahlie
14-06-2005, 09:03
If you knew you posted it recently you can also access any posts you ever wrote through your profile.

The "find all post by" feature is always nice. Do the search, and then click not on the thread title, but the title of your post. The anchor however seems to transport you one post after yours, so you have to scroll up a tiny bit.

Kahlie