Book of Doors

catlin

I can't remember if we already discussed this one but when I saw it at wicce's hp, my first impression was "Wow" although the book does not seem to be done very well.

Anyone having it?

aeonx

Hm, never even heard about this one. What is it about?

~aeonx~

catlin

Hi aeonx,

It's an Egyptian inspired divination deck. Just check it out in the non tarot section at www.wicce.com

faunabay

I have it and really love this deck!! The cards are very striking!!! It's not one I use on a regular basis though. I tend to use it to see what will show up in the next 3 - 6 months or do a full year reading.
I've had it for about a year now, and it's been right on every time. (I"ve been doing 6 month readings)

But what don't you like about the book catlin? I think the book works very well to explain the card meanings and I've used the tetractys spread explained in the book everytime and it works wonderfully too!! I don't have any problems with the book at all.

catlin

Hi fauna,

I was just referring to the wicce's review on the book so I'd like to know if wicce's review about the book is justified. She doesn't seem to be pleased with it.

I still haven't had the pleasure to get the set yet (make hast amazon.de!).

faunabay

OH, I wondered about that. If you hadn't gotten it yet, how'd you know the book wasn't very good?? LOL
Obviously I don't have a problem with it. I doubt very much I could use these cards without the book as I don't know that much about the complete egyptian gods and goddesses. And the book goes into a good explanation of each card (IMO). It is
For some reason this is my "big question" deck. I don't feel comfortable asking it everyday questions. It's almost like it tells me it's too important for minor everyday questions! LOL

aeonx

catlin: I checked it out, but I'm not too fond of Egyptian-style decks. :p

~aeonx~

catlin

Thanks for your input.

I am interested in Egyptian stuff but not soo much as I am interested in Celtic but the pics of the "Book of Doors" at wicce caused that "Wow"-effect on me.

catlin

Ok, I finally got my book of doors set. I expected the cards to be a bit bigger but they are nice. I think I will use this deck in compination with my Egyptian hieroglyphic set.

I still have had no time to try it out, though.