Depression and anxiety

zhahmi

Too much information.

Zhahmi

TarotGirlJess

waiting for your responces

hey not much help here BUT hubby is fighting the depression and anxiety as well and so far in addition to his prescribed meds, i have been using ylang ylang oil around the house (auroma therapy), he also has a pocket full of rocks. sofar he has a crystal quartz for clarity of mind. Hematite to absorb negative emotions, Howlite to help with relieving his anger and helping him to sleep.
I'll be keeping up on this thread as well. I'm very interested in the others responces. are there any iother essential oils that would help?
thanks
TarotGirl Jess

LadyofDreams

I always find that amethyst can be a lot of help because it calms and quietens the mind, allowing you to focus on what is important. Black tourmaline for negative emotions, and that will also help to deflect negative energy, so that other people dont project their emotions to you. I also find that to be better for that purpose than hematite, because hematite can drag me down, making me tired and lethargic if i keep it around for too long.

Also remember that you can just be drawn to a crystal, without knowing what it is for beforehand, and it will always be something that you need, and will often be more effective than one you have looked up and gone out to buy. :)

hope you find something special

always,
~lady~

Scorpion

I was also coming on here to suggest amethyst. The colour purple is a calming influence that works on the mind and nerves. Might be worth investing in some accessories that bear this colour. I have an amethyst crystal ball on my desk at work and use it to focus on in times of stress. I definitely recommend it.

zhahmi

Thank you so much! I'm very excited about trying your suggestions. In fact, I picked up a lovely amethyst bracelet at my neighbourhood metaphysical store. I certainly do find it calming.

MeeWah

Zhahmi: Consider Chalcedony, aka Calcedony.

Good for anxiety, emotional balance, melancholy, stability. Occurs in various colours. A blue-white or periwinkle (blue-lavender) coloured variety may work well.

zhahmi

I'm still working with new crystals that I've picked up... they seem to be working. You are all so full of invaluable information. Thank you.

wizzle

Consider rutilated quartz, particularly if you can get a small sphere. I think the "organization" of rutilation will help immensely because you will be getting a visual affirmation about how it is possible to be schitzo yet stable.

While many stones will be good, I think those cut in spheres and cabachons will be particularly soothing for you. Beads would be excellent too and you can make up a nice bead string that is meaninful to you. I can't imagine not touching my stones when the going gets rough.

I certainly agree with the suggestion about amethyst, but may I give agate a plug? It's beautiful, inexpensive and so so centering. I really think it is undervalued because it's not a rare stone. There are so many different types too.....picture (usually brown-ish), dendrite (like pictures of moss), blue lace, etc. Since you are dealing with an disorder that makes you fragmented, the qualities of agate will help pull you together. Geodes are good for this too.

BTW, you can get a bag of agate marbles for next to nothing. Just google up "marbles"

autumn star

Hi,

While I don't suffer from anxiety or depression, I often experience times when I do feel anxious and worried.

I would also suggest amethyst, it has a really calming affect.

There is another crystal that I have - lapis lazuli - I think that sometimes it is called lapis - it is a blue colour. It also helps to create a calm and tranquil effect.

Hope that helps :)

autumn :)

stella01904

MM ~ Some people, at certain times in their lives, can't take amethyst. I went through something like this, it used to make me edgy when I was young. (I love it now.) I second the motion on the chalcedony. Moonstone is also very good! Also consider jet to absorb negativity. Sucks it right up and neutralises it. BB, Stella