Calling all Geminis...

calligirl

I have a question for you...

People under the sign of the twins are given the characteristic of having two minds or not making up their minds or something of that nature. (RE: light bulb: Doesn't need changing, yes it does, no it doesn't, etc.)

I don't see this with any of my friends or family members. I have four Geminis in my immediate family and none of them act that way. On the contrary, they are quick to make up their mind and NOTHING changes it once they're set.

So, is it true or not?

isthmus nekoi

If you want to go w/the stereotype, Libras are likely to be more indecisive. Geminis are more easily distracted or jump from topic to topic.

Also, sun sign is not the be all, end all of a person's chart. There are 9 other planets to consider :)

Kaylee Marie

I agree with everything isthmus said. Just because a person has two minds doesn't mean they are opposed -- they could just arrive at the same conclusion twice as fast!

Geminis are the thinkers of the zodiac. Two heads are better than one. :laugh:

paradoxx

Keep in mind the rising and lunar degrees, being a gemini wth a rising virgo I don't talk outloud that much, but I am duly ruled by Mercury. I ofter wonder if when Gemini's express more of their planetary characteristics it comes across as so total and intense that the Gemini is not aware of what part of his or her personality they are expressing. IF their moon or rising is in Gemini as well as their sun, then the differences in the personality facets woudl be simliar, but if the rising or lunar is say Aquarius moon and Taurus rising, then the Gemini might think off (way off) the beaten track but present themselves as more grounded then the truth of the matter (While all signs are notorious of the lie, Gemini's get the worst rap because they are associated with communciation, some Gemini's won't breathe a word of a secret, in fact they might even tell you who has been telling that annoying "the little whitle lie.")

Cerulean

My love and I are Geminis, don't look alike,

but our birthdays are a day and some years apart. I'm a Libra Moon, his tendencies sometimes point to his Virgo Moon.

We have similar regards for family tendencies and share similiar values, even though culturally we are from different areas. Nothing is specifically set in stone, but we do have this tendency toward equilibrium.

But could be that I have a tendency toward equilibrium and he is usually agreeable to that--because it seems to make sence to both of us.

Or all four of us?

Cerulean

Reverie

~Geminis~

I've noticed Gemini is one of the most friendly/sociable of the signs, always have a good word of advice to give.. Libras are pretty sociable as well... At least from the people I know.. The Geminis I know are also very energetic and on the contrary I think they are quick to make up their minds.
I've heard that Geminis have double personality, like Marylin Monroe who was one.. Don't know if that's true.

Pipistrelle

Just jumping in to say...

I'm currently reading The Inner Sky by Steven Forrest, which is recommended in the study threads here. He argues that proscriptive (sp?) use of astrology, i.e. you're a gemini so you are x, y, z and you will always be x, y, z, can be accurate and good if you're just looking to flex your astrological muscles but it's not very helpful. He describes signs as "evolutionary methods, ways of growing". This means that each sign presents a challenge almost. I haven't fully grasped this yet because I'm only about a fifth of the way through the book, but it sounds plausible. It offers a way that we can actually put our astrological makeup to good use instead of just using it as a static portrait of ourselves.

So the reason I'm mentioning it here is because it's a book that helps us get away from the dead-end thinking that this person is a leo so they are/must be like this. I'm sure others can explain it much better than I can though :)

Pip

Sophie

I have gemini rising, and I think that outwardly at least I do present several of the stereotypical characteristics of the geminis: but that covers the very different (though equally dual) fish underneath (I have the sun and two personal planets plus Chiron in Pisces). It covers also a strong Scorpio Mars, Aries Venus and Sagittarius moon...

So superficially people might think - "gemini" - but that wouldn't get them very far...

I agree stereotypes don't really tell us much about the person. People might be just as baffled to find out I am pisces, imagining someone shy and indecisive.

rainwolf

That's funny, I have never heard that Gemini's were indecisive, I have always heard that they are good (and fast) thinkers. The Libras were the indecisive ones (and good charisma might I add). I'm not a Libra for the record.

900th post!!!

Osher

I'm a Gemini. If there's one thing that people have often said about me, it's that I'm a mental leapfrog, jumping from subject to subject. Fits the bill?