russian gypsy help

consult1

hello all

I just got the russian gypsy oracle deck and find it facinating but was perplexed as soon as I began working with it. Are the images to be interpreted within the context of the question asked or just taken at face value? The card definitions are really quite strict so if you get an image like the "ring" for example, whose meaning has only to do with personal love relationships, can it be interpreted differently if the question is other than love realated? Could it also mean that the deck is addressing a subconscious issue other than the stated question? All repies are appreciated, especially those who have previous experience with this deck. Thanks -K.

yaraluna

is that the russian gypsy?

it sounds like you have the Russian Gypsy oracle. if it is , then i must say i LOVE it! it is extremely accurate and sometimes scary so. at least tha thas been my experience with it. right now it is in a box with my faeries waiting for me to get them out, i just can't find the box( you know my moving issues! aarrghhh!)

yaraluna

Simone

I gave my deck away, (Chronata, where are you?), so i have no longer references, but it IS the one with the halved images that have to come together, yes?

I remember using it more for general readings, letting things come up, than for specific questions.

But I guess that if you use it a lot, the meaning and the 4 different orientations of the picture give nuances and with time and intuition, you should also be able to answer questions.

Practice, I think, is it :D

Have fun with it!

PS just saw this is your first post :D - Welcome on board and have a lot of joy and fun exploring!

consult1

Hi

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is the russian gypsy oracle with the halved pictures. Such an intriguing deck and way to use cards. Thanks for the replies. I haven't quite bonded with it yet so I guess it will take practice. Its nice to hear that you did get accurate readings from it.