PDA

View Full Version : can u roughly tell someone's physical features from their chart?!

bibi
13-06-2005, 04:14
Yeah another quezzie ;) is it poss to tell someone's physical features from their chart? OK we've heard of the Taurean lock and the Leonine mane, but going a bit further if you have someone's complete chart could you guess how they looked??

dadsnook2000
13-06-2005, 06:13
No! That's the short and the long answer. You can often tell some features of a person from their chart but you can't tell their appearance -- that is governed by heridetary and genetics, race, health and cultural upbringing, and lots of things.

Some clues from a person's appearance can confirm a persons chart and time of birth but these are not true for every chart. Pluto on/near the ASC conveys a pinched face, narrow nose, eys that are intense and often close set -- but this is not true for every case. Libra Sun Sign people often have a certain type of smile and lip shape, while Virgo and Aquarians often share rather straight and heavy eyebrows -- but, again, not all of them. So there is a number of observations that seem to intermingle signs and planets, how to sort them out into a reasonable system seems to have not yet been done. Now, there is a research project and a book for you to do. Dave.

Minderwiz
13-06-2005, 07:54
There's a strong tradition in Astrology that you can tell a person's general appearance from their chart. However, like Dave, I suspect this is more wishful thinking than anything else.

The only defence I can think of for this idea is that there is some correlation between family membership and certain signs - this could lead to some physical links especially as up till a few hundred years ago few people strayed far from their home villages and most people in towns and villages were related. Indeed you can still find small communities where this is still true. Of course this defence comes back to Dave's point about genetics!

As early as the Seventeenth Century, William Lilly was cautioning against reading physical appearance from a chart without taking into account nationality and other non- Astrological factors as well.

feticeira
13-06-2005, 17:15
I agree with dadsnook2000 and Minderwiz on the wishful thinking.
But on the other hand, I think itīs fun how sometimes it works: in my case, I definitely have the Leonine mane (long, thick, full black curls) a Leo rising is supposed to have.

bibi
13-06-2005, 18:12
fascinating! thx for your contribs !

Minderwiz
14-06-2005, 07:15
Interestingly, Lilly describes the Leo appearance as Great round head, big eyes, a full and large body, broad shoulders, narrow sides, yellow or dark flaxen hair, and it much curling or turning up, a fierce countenance, but ruddy high sanguine complexion, strong valiant and active.