PDA

View Full Version : Where did my post go?

Satori
26-06-2005, 13:51
I just spent about forty minutes creating a post for the Marseilles forum and when I hit the submit button i got a message that basically said I timed out and then the post was no where to be found.

I was told to hit the reload button...

What is up with that?
That post was pure genius! How can I recreate it????

Simone
26-06-2005, 16:28
Elf, I'm so sorry for your loss! (sounds goofy, but I'm serious!)

I am not sure what happened nor where your post has gone to but here's an advice:

If you create long posts, you could create them in an outside document that can be saved, and then you copy and paste them into your "reply to Post" screen. That way, it does not get lost so easily.

From what you said, you spent 40 minutes on that screen, maybe it was longer? If it was longer than an hour, you might have gotten logged off due to apparent inactivity.

Did you hit the back button? maybe that would have saved the text...

Vadella
26-06-2005, 23:44
If you create long posts, you could create them in an outside document that can be saved, and then you copy and paste them into your "reply to Post" screen. That way, it does not get lost so easily.

Yes... Definitely do this. I have learned long and hard. Try some coding for several hours for it only to disappear. :( The internet is not a friendly place. Sometimes if you hit the back button it will be there.... reloading takes it away. *HUGS*

PlatinumDove
26-06-2005, 23:47
That's so frustrating when that happens!

Satori
27-06-2005, 01:34
Thanks guys.
Back button it is!!!

tmgrl2
27-06-2005, 01:44
GRGGGHGGG....I know how you feel, elf...

That has happened to me when I have been in the midst of a long post...

I use MWord now...if I know it's going to be long...

the back button...

sometimes I hit a function key by mistake....so I go back and hit some of them and it comes back...maybe F5 or F6....someone techier might know...

I usually just redo the post trying to convince myself that the second one will be better...if not shorter...LOL.

terri

WolfSpirit
27-06-2005, 02:10
Hm I just hadt a post disappear too...
I typed it and when I hit return I got the "page cannot be found" message.
Now I get this sometimes but most of the times the post is there anyway, and if I send it again I have a double posting.

In this case it is not so bad because it was in Random thoughts (in Chat) but still weird...