PDA

View Full Version : Previously Viewed Threads

OakDragon
27-06-2005, 13:50
I have two questions about previously viewed threads.

1. If you are looking at the main ATF index page and click on the title of the most recently posted-to thread of a particular forum, said link seems intended to take you the first post in that thread that is new since you last visited it.... except that it actually scrolls you down to the second new post. Is it supposed to work this way? It seems like it should take you to the first new one, but I always have to scroll up one post to read the first new post.

2. Is it possible to have this behavior added to all post title links for previously viewed threads. In other words, is it possible to get what I described above to happen from all forum index pages and not just the main index one? I think this would be a handy feature to have.

Ace
28-06-2005, 08:12
OakDragon: I am not completely sure about this: but I think when it takes you to a new post, it is since the last time you were here. If You are on the site, look at a thread, someone else posts on it while you are still around (but after you looked at it) then the next time you visit, it will go to the newest post, SINCE you signed off. Which may be one or more posts down.
Ace