Times when you just had to say Duh...

Zephyros

This morning I wanted to draw a card of the day for myself, but while I was shuffling the cards, I was thinking of how I was hysterical for no reason that my bf did not call me yesterday. For a while there, I was sure that he was going to dump me. Now, I know that those fears were irrational, and that I have nothing to worry about (Six months and still going strong!). Anyway, while I was shuffling I was thinking about how foolish were those foolish thoughts.

Well, when I drew the card, it was the Seven of Swords - Futility, which is a card that always makes me think of irrational fear and paranoid behavior. Right when I saw that I said to myself "Duh! Tell me something I don't know!"

Have you ever had times when the cards did not exactly "enlighten your world" with the fabulous knowledge that they imparted? :)

feticeira

Pretty much every time that the 9 of swords comes up. I´m like *well yes, it´s no wonder I picked you*, it tells me I´m way too wrapped up in thoughts that will get me nowhere.
The 2 of swords can be like that too, I have a tendency to get distant and set up walls as defense- the lady pictured in the RW deck is exactly how I get sometimes.
And I had an interesting experience with daily readings too, read here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=42998&highlight=daily+readings

Citrin

Hehe that happens quite often, as if they wanna smack me on the nose and tell me to 'get a grip, you are silly' or something.:)

Moongold

I think that sometimes the cards do reflect our moods and situations exactly and we have that immediate sense of recognition.

I believe that reading is a connection between me and the "Divine" or whatever words you might use. Sometimes it is almost like a conversation and the incident you just decribed might be the "Divine" being realistic or even a little lighthearted and ironic with me. ":)

MercyMe

I hate it when that happens. The cards are SO clear but it's like, "Tell me something I didn't know." Duh is right! LOL

~Mercy

Moongold

MercyMe said:
I hate it when that happens. The cards are SO clear but it's like, "Tell me something I didn't know." Duh is right! LOL

~Mercy
Perhaps the cards are suggesting we do something about what they're saying :laugh:. That is the case with me when this happens however.

WhiteRaven

I've been having a lot of those "duh" moments lately......it's almost like the cards raise themselves and slap me in the face...

"Time to smell the coffee and wake up already!"
:)

WalesWoman

Last week I did a Present Life Explained By Past Life spread...

the card that cracked me up for being so obvious that I literally said "duh!" was
Interim:
Position 5 - Death in Past life:
Circumstances surrounding the end of the first life
Death

:p
Tarot can have such a quirky sense of humor at times.

MercyMe

That's like when I do a spread to find out what a particular card means and in the position "It means this" the card itself comes up. That has happened a few times. I've been tempted to take the card out of the deck when I do such a spread, but actually, I think the message when that happens is more clear. It's like the tarot is saying, "Yes, it means what you think it means. DUH!" :D

I can be very thick when it comes to reading for myself, so usually the tarot tends to get very sarcastic with me. Which is fine with me since I have a very sarcastic wit myself.

Another funny, blatant thing that came up in a reading I did about a person in my life who is being a real pain the neck was a two-card combo with Death and the Knight of Wands in answer to the question what shall I do about this person. "Death to the Knight of Wands!" Ok, so it was a dark bit of humor, but it made me laugh.

~Mercy

Imagemaker

When the cards come up reflecting exactly what IS, especially when I had no particular question or decision, I take it as just a simple verification that the tarot is accurate and dependable in showing me the situation.

Then when I do have a problem to solve or a major uncertainty, I have all that prior evidence that I can trust the cards to be accurate and dependable.

So I try :)