Hematite vrs Hemakite

Ankou

Hey guys, I know there have been several threads on hematite
but there is the natural stone and the manmade stone.
I can't tell the difference, but the manmade is refered to as HemaKite in one of my catalougs. Can anyone explain the difference and the creation process?

Love and Light,

Ankou

SilverCloudedWolf

Hi Ankou,

I've never heard of hemakite before and I've just tried a google search but it only comes up with hemaTite. Do you know anything else about it? Maybe if the catalogue has a website there might be some info there, or you could try emailing them. Sorry I can't be more help.

Silver

Ankou

Is OK baby,

I haven't found or seen any other reference to it either, but the cataloug is Rio Grande, which is a very reputable jewlers supply and I know they didn't just make it up. Or maybe they did and it's a limited trade for them, don't know... Will look at the caty again and see if I can be more specific.

Love and Light,

Ankou

Kyrielle

I have heard of hemakite and hemalyke. Both are synthetic hematite, offered in jewelry supply catalogs as a lower-cost alternative to the real thing. I am not sure of the creation process.

Many jewelry supply places are not concerned with integrity of metaphysical information - they are more concerned with making an attractive piece of jewelry. It is difficult, for instance, to find carnelian, citrine, iolite, peridot, and other stones in an unaltered, yet still commercially beautiful, state - and keep the cost low enough so that jewelry makers can afford the beads. Even tumbled stones of these types are usually heat treated, and sometimes dyed.

To some people this makes a difference. They prefer stones to be in a totally natural state. But I have had equally good experiences with treated stones.

I would guess the creation of hemalyke would involve manmade chemical processes that imitate the natural formation of hematite. So one would be naturally formed, while the other is lab-grown. It would be a matter of personal sensitivity whether the synthetic is less effective or the same as the natural.

Kyrielle

ednadorothy

natural stones

I cannot imagine that any stone that is synthetic is of any use except to a jewelry maker who is attempting to create a certain look. Art can imitate life. But all it is is imitation.As synthetic fiber is not wool. Just as alchemists tried to "make gold" with mercury. Theres nothing like the real thing.

Ankou

Thanks Kyrielle,

I'm curious about the creation process and how to tell the difference because it's so hard to tell and I definately prefer knowing I've got the real thing :) Don't know if I'm sensitive enough to tell if the stone is manmade or just not working for me... So we ask these questions to understand things better ;)

Love and Light,

Ankou