Salt?

TarotGirlJess

I have seen several talk about cleansing crystals rooms, ect with salt.. what type would a person use?
table salt? Epson salt? sea salt?
any of the above?
Thanks in advance
Tarotgirl jess

Kimahri83

A lot of people prefer to use epson salt, but table salt will work great. I personally just use table salt, as it is easy to find and cheap. It's basically a substitution clause...Epson salt is recommended, but you use what is available to you. Hope that helps!

~Kevyn

TarotGirlJess

very happy thank you very much that helped tons!
Jess

lunalafey

Epson salt?
I thought all metaphysical & magic work was done with sea salt?

FantasyWorld

lunalafey said:
Epson salt?
I thought all metaphysical & magic work was done with sea salt?

I 2nd the sea salt.
P.s. some crystals should not be cleansed in salt/water...not to change the subject but incense is good or sage.
I just found this info on a Google search-http://www.thesoulelement.com/cleansingcrystals.htm

CLEANSING CRYSTALS

After acquiring your new stone or crystal, and before the first use of it( and after using it) you should cleanse it both inside and out. If your stone is not water-soluble, simply rinsing under running water should cleanse any dirt and fingerprints off of it. Even more important though is cleansing the stone of any energy imbalances it may have picked up. Because crystals and gemstones have a tendency to absorb emotional stress and other strong energies, it is very important to remove these imbalances and help the stone restore it's own inner-balance or equilibrium. Though crystals can do this over time on their own, if you continually use the crystal or stone, it will not have time to rebalance itself, so, I'm going to offer some ways you can help it along.

There are several methods you can use to cleanse your crystal from the slat method to using crystal clusters, smudging and even sound.

THE SALT METHOD

Please do no confuse this with the "salt water" method, which I do not recommend. Salt water can get into the pours, cracks and crevices of some stones and can also dull the finish and luster, over time breaking down your crystal and causing it harm. However, using dry sea salt you can effectively remove any negative and unwanted energy from your stones. Remember, salt itself is a crystal .

Simply take a bowl of sea salt and bury your stone in it for about 24 hours and then wipe the stone carefully and discard the salt. Salt has the ability to draw negative imbalances into itself, so that is why you must discard it after using it for any cleansing purposes.

SMUDGING METHOD
You can smudge your stone with incense or smudge sticks such as Frankincense, sandalwood, sage and cedar. The Herbs have a long traditional reputation for purifying and removing negativity. Simply hold your stone in the smoke of the herb, incense or smudge stick until you feel the negativity had been removed.

SUN METHOD

Place your stones outside in the sun or a window ledge will work fine if you don't have a safe place to put them. For added benefits and balance, I like to let them sit for 24 hours so they receive the energy of the sun as well as the energy of the moon.

SOUND METHOD

The vibrations of pure sound can quickly cleanse, balance and re-energize your stones . You can use a singing bowl, a bell, a gong, a chiming bar or a tuning fork. Sound them close to the crystal until you feel the crystal is completely cleared.

CRYSTAL CLUSTER

Place your stone on a crystal cluster over night to cleanse, balance and re-charge your stone.

joya250

I 3rd the Sea Salt.

I have used Epson salt, but for "therbile" fires (I think that is how you spell it.) This is an excellent way of clearing a space (such as a room) rather then crystals. I think it is equal parts Epson salt and rubbing alcohol... and a dash of a scented oil if preferred. Put in large fire-proof bowl, set down upon a safe spot, light a match, toss it in, and stand back! Whoosh! It will burn itself out naturally, and I would leave the bowl in its place for several hours, if not a day, to absorb all the negativity. Then dispose of the salt, get it out of the house. The difference this can make in the atmosphere of the room is almost tangible.

But, anyway, I digress...

for cleansing crystals I would reccommend sea salt!

joya

Sulis

And I 4th the sea salt. I have never heard of anyone cleansing anything with epson salts, I thought that that was a remedy for an upset stomach.

Sulis xx

WhiteRaven

Ditto on the Sea Salt here.....and I haven't heard of Epson Salt being used either.

TarotGirlJess

the closest i could find was iodized sea salt. many thanks to all of you who responded.
TarotGirl Jess

lunakasha

I personally don't use salt...I prefer to cleanse either by smudging with sage or placing the stone(s) in a bowl of clear quartz. And I also agree that you need to be very careful about not submerging certain "softer" stones in water. I learned that lesson the hard way. :(

:) Luna