Occult-y Witch-y Tarot-y

Fulgour

Seen for sale, one RWS deck (used) for cheap,
but watch out, the shipping costs are doubled!

The Seller Says:

Tarot deck, slightly used. My brother gave it to me
because he thought I was into "spirituality"--
(I am, but not into witchcraft/occult type "spirituality").

This deck is great for collectors and those into occult-y
and witch-y sorts of things...

:) I went to bed a Tarot reader, and woke up a... what?!

PlatinumDove

Oh yes, don't you know, we're all Satanic worshippers because we divine the future by the occult Tarot! *evil cackle of laughter*

Dovanna

When I tell people I'm a tarot reader they think I'm wiccan. When I tell people I'm an atheist they think I worship Satan (which doesn't make sense at all).

::sigh::

Phantom Goddess

Some people are just ignorant.

Fairawen

Some aren't even ignorant, just misled. I know that my parents think you're all Satanists... but my sister used to think the same thing, and when I explained she was like, "Oh! That's not so bad then."

Just because the tarot is usually coupled with the occult, doesn't mean we are all witches. I know many folks here happen to be, but I am not and I kinda take some offense for being called one. (Just as a witch would not wanna be called a Christian). Not neccissarilly ignorant, just misled and unlearned.

~Fairawen~

Emeraldgirl

So are we all like witch-y occult-y people-y thingies?????? :p

Oh my. What a good laught. Thanks Fulgour.

wizzle

Me too

I can be witchy and occulty if I buy that deck? Great, I may need it.

Wait, I already have an RWS deck. Can I still be witchy/occulty with the one I've got? No instructions about witchy/occulty. <<shaking deck>> Just cards.

Greywoolfe

Crikey! If a second-hand RWS makes you an occultist witch, what will they make of a Crowley Thoth deck?!!? LOL!

:T2C

autumn star

It's hard to believe that there are people out there who still believe things like that -

And I agree with Fairawen, that they are misled and uneducated.

My younger sister goes to a Catholic School - they had a priest come and talk to them the other day, I'm not too sure what about, but apparently in his speech he was talking about modern day witches - people who follow astrology and do tarot and things like that. I found it so hard to believe that this in day and age there are still people who preach things like this.

It is things like this that lead people to consider tarot witchy and involved with the occult.

Tarotphelia

Don't fight it. Just give in . You know you want to ..