New Thoth Box

Little Baron

Thought I would update you on the last thread I wrote about regarding the Thoth deck.

Things have been going well. I had been feeling a little disconnected from many decks but the Thoth had seemed to be calling, so I tried to start using it again. In just that week or so, the journey has been progressing and I have got a really nice feel for that deck again.

The other day I went past a junk shop and in the window was a box. Maybe not the prettiest box in the world but it called to me also. I went in and took a look and thought, since the oiriginal box is now a bit battered, that my Thoth would fit very nicely in it. It has a little 'photo frame' window in the lid, and I thought I could put one of the extra cards in there. Not knowing whether it would fit or not, I left the shop but felt compelled to go back and buy it later.

It fits perfectly and the Thoth looks very 'at home' within it.

Just thought I would share!

LB

Attachments

• DCP01656.JPG
    DCP01656.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 154

PlatinumDove

Wow, that looks incredible LittleBuddha!

Little Baron

And here it is open ...

LB

Attachments

• open.jpg
    open.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 147

Little Baron

Thanks PlatinumDove ...

I was surprised just how well the cards fit ... it was like it was made specially for them. I knew there was a reason I was drawn to it. Even the colour works well for me. I am not a lover of 'green', but the Thoth does always feel very natural and earthy to me, so it seems to fit well colour-wise.

LB

Cerulean

I think this is similar to a 'malachite' stone

The green and beautiful veining in the finish looks so luxerious...and appropriate.

I never thought of putting a Thoth deck with a dark malachite green bag or spreadcloth, but now am thinking about it.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Regards,

Cerulean

bladeraven

What a gorgeous box and it fits the Thoth so perfectly...thank you for sharing it....

TarotGirlJess

WoW! that's a great box.. puts my lil pine box to shame. i love it. the colors are great.
TGJ

Little Baron

Thanks TarotGirlJess ... I am sure your pine box is lovely.

The difference from this one to others I have was that I have actually bought a deck and then put it in a box; or I have consciously looked for a box, but this time I didn't. It was just there waiting and felt so right. It sounds silly but it actually makes me feel even more connected to the deck. It was just by my laptop in the cardboard box it came in before.

LB

TarotGirlJess

it's neat when you get the cosmic signs isn't it? Lets you know you are on the right path. LOL
I'm glad you love it and youknew it was perfect before you got it. LOL
Jess

Emeraldgirl

Wow what a great looking box :) It's amazing how well they fit together.