PDA

View Full Version : Scrying in the sun

wizzle
05-07-2005, 08:33
I've been trying to read my crystal balls for about 15 years with nothing more than frustration and a little mist as my reward.

Yesterday I decided to h*ll with the books and took my favorite ball out into the sunlight. Within a very short time I saw

a man with a sword held aloft
a woman in a long dress sitting in a chair
a lion
and a wizard (who moved a bit)

The sun was coming over my shoulder so the light was focused into the ball.

Today I thought I'd do a repeat prior to posting. Today I saw

a kangaroo
a shield with an eagle painted on its face
the helmet of a knight

I interpreted the last two as insights for the meaning of knights (see the Using Tarot Cards forum and thread on knights).

Other than that, I haven't really tried to decipher any meanings. I'm just delighted that I can finally...finally see something...anything. My crystal balls are real quartz and have a lot of inclusions. The visions formed around the inclusions. All very sparkly and pretty too.

I'm stoked.

p.s. reminder...sunlight through a clear ball can be dangerous and set things alight

TarotGirlJess
05-07-2005, 08:39
that is so awesome. i have never tried scrying ( yet..give me time LOL). I'd be stoked too.
keep us updated
Jess

Emily
05-07-2005, 09:19
Hi Wizzle,

That sounds amazing - I've never got farther than seeing clouds either - I might try taking my crystal ball out into the sun too. :)

Emeraldgirl
05-07-2005, 10:04
Congratulations Wizzle. I collect crystals especially spheres and I haven't really gotten past clouds and a couple of murky undefined shapes so far. But i will definately keep trying our post has inspired me to have another go :)

wizzle
05-07-2005, 10:52
Forgot to mention that I have my ball set up in a little bowl and I twirl it around while looking in. The sun needs to shine over your shoulder.

Chronata
06-07-2005, 02:55
Congratuations Wizzle!

That is indeed awesome!

So happy to hear that you ditched the books and trusted your intuition, and found a method that really works for you!

It took me quite a few years to be able to scry as well.

But I do have to say...that all my "accidental" scryings happened with crystal balls, or glass surfaces ,while I was in sunlight too!

As far as interpreting symbols...sometimes you will discover that they are just testing you...your subconscious giving you random images that have no deep meaning, but just a vlidation that you are getting "something."

Welcome to the wonderful new world of scrying!

runwithwolves
06-07-2005, 03:20
Wizzle,

Great to hear that you decided to go with your own intuition. I've been looking for a quartz crystal sphere for a while and will keep this in mind when I finally get one.

Thanks for sharing your experience,
runwithwolves

Imagemaker
06-07-2005, 04:49
I've always used my crystal spheres in strong natural light, at least, if not in the sun. I have 2 with a lot of inclusions and it's in those patterns that I see figures, some of which come in answer to a question.

What I find interesting is that after I've seen a particular figure in answer, I can often NEVER find that same image again. That's the mystical part of scrying for me.

I'd never buy a sphere without looking into it from all ways. This is one thing I'd never buy online, if you're wanting it for scrying.

bibi
11-07-2005, 04:52
I think there's something in the light aspect, as I tried it a few years back but with an artificial lamp behind me. I saw my next kitchen before I'd even moved there! :D