Scrying in the sun

wizzle

I've been trying to read my crystal balls for about 15 years with nothing more than frustration and a little mist as my reward.

Yesterday I decided to h*ll with the books and took my favorite ball out into the sunlight. Within a very short time I saw

a man with a sword held aloft
a woman in a long dress sitting in a chair
a lion
and a wizard (who moved a bit)

The sun was coming over my shoulder so the light was focused into the ball.

Today I thought I'd do a repeat prior to posting. Today I saw

a kangaroo
a shield with an eagle painted on its face
the helmet of a knight

I interpreted the last two as insights for the meaning of knights (see the Using Tarot Cards forum and thread on knights).

Other than that, I haven't really tried to decipher any meanings. I'm just delighted that I can finally...finally see something...anything. My crystal balls are real quartz and have a lot of inclusions. The visions formed around the inclusions. All very sparkly and pretty too.

I'm stoked.

p.s. reminder...sunlight through a clear ball can be dangerous and set things alight

TarotGirlJess

that is so awesome. i have never tried scrying ( yet..give me time LOL). I'd be stoked too.
keep us updated
Jess

Emily

Hi Wizzle,

That sounds amazing - I've never got farther than seeing clouds either - I might try taking my crystal ball out into the sun too. :)

Emeraldgirl

Congratulations Wizzle. I collect crystals especially spheres and I haven't really gotten past clouds and a couple of murky undefined shapes so far. But i will definately keep trying our post has inspired me to have another go :)

wizzle

setup

Forgot to mention that I have my ball set up in a little bowl and I twirl it around while looking in. The sun needs to shine over your shoulder.

Chronata

Congratuations Wizzle!

That is indeed awesome!

So happy to hear that you ditched the books and trusted your intuition, and found a method that really works for you!

It took me quite a few years to be able to scry as well.

But I do have to say...that all my "accidental" scryings happened with crystal balls, or glass surfaces ,while I was in sunlight too!

As far as interpreting symbols...sometimes you will discover that they are just testing you...your subconscious giving you random images that have no deep meaning, but just a vlidation that you are getting "something."

Welcome to the wonderful new world of scrying!

runwithwolves

Wizzle,

Great to hear that you decided to go with your own intuition. I've been looking for a quartz crystal sphere for a while and will keep this in mind when I finally get one.

Thanks for sharing your experience,
runwithwolves

Imagemaker

I've always used my crystal spheres in strong natural light, at least, if not in the sun. I have 2 with a lot of inclusions and it's in those patterns that I see figures, some of which come in answer to a question.

What I find interesting is that after I've seen a particular figure in answer, I can often NEVER find that same image again. That's the mystical part of scrying for me.

I'd never buy a sphere without looking into it from all ways. This is one thing I'd never buy online, if you're wanting it for scrying.

bibi

Seeing the light

I think there's something in the light aspect, as I tried it a few years back but with an artificial lamp behind me. I saw my next kitchen before I'd even moved there! :D