any lapis lazuli fans/experts?

prudence

I just got a strand of lapis lazuli beads to make my own necklaces etc...I am wondering if anyone here works a lot with lapis and if they have any insights to share.

Thanks in advance!!

Emeraldgirl

Huge fan of Lapis. It's a very strong stone that can affect you deeply and so a little can go a long way. It's great for spellwork and it works well with the Third Eye. It can help people see negative issues from a more positive point if view. It can cleanse the mental body while releasing old karmic patterns. Lapis facilitates deep meditation and can be used to journey back into past lives. It allows this spiritual energy to be absorbed into your aura.

prudence

Thank you very very much, EG!! Thanks especially for the mention of a little going a long way, as my tendency would have been toward using more than less!

Do you find it too strong to wear so close to your head (as in a necklace)?

Emeraldgirl

I don't find it too strong for a necklace but I can't sleep with it near me. The necklace that I have is also set with moonstones so I am not sure if the moonstone calms the lapis down but they seem to work together well.

autumn star

I am also a fan ... it is really beautiful. I find that it has a calming effect.

I don't find it too strong at all. I sleep with a small piece of it on a table beside my bed ... and it never seems to cause any disruption. But it is a relatively small piece.

Moonstone and Lapis .... that sounds like a really nice combination, I can imagine the calming and traquil effects that it would give out :)

Gilgamesh

The Annunaki seemed to have cherished Lapis Lazuli more than gold as its almost always written about in ancient cuniform texts. I wonder why it was so important to them.

prudence

Hi Gilgamesh! Thanks for the reply, and congrats on your first post!!

~ I am really enjoying wearing and making necklaces out of these beads...

Your comment on the Annunaki and their cuniforms has me intrigued, so I will be googling this, thanks!

annik

I am wondering where to find them. I find them fascinating. I haven't got any luck to find them here (and I must admit that I don't know where to look for).

Startarot

I love lapis its one of my favorote stones. It is also wondeful for the throat chakra as it aids in speaking ones truth. I wear a nice size pendant and it always feels wonderful, I wear it alot when I am in the need of speaking publicaly for the first time.
Bright Blessings..Star

Rosanne

Hi Astrid O, I love Lapis Lazuli and have several peices of it. The Ancient Egyptians loved it and used to travel to what is now Afganistan for it. Unfortunately it is somewhat hard to come by, and a stone is dyed to look like Lapis now. You can get the real thing at a Lapidary Outlet(Rock Shop) but it is expensive. ~Rosanne