Girl with the Pearl Earring

bladeraven

Was it just me......or was there a scene where Vermoor's wife was using tarot decks??

Aura Wolf

I was wondering that myself! I can't remember what they looked like though (very interesting film by the way).

bladeraven

I was spellbound by the movie even though it really wasn't that great......but when the scene with the wife pulling the cards out of the deck came on..I jumped off the couch and literally press my face against the tv screen trying to get a better look..

Think maybe the Marsailles?? It didn't look like the Rider-Waite and yet it was very bright and colorful

gregory

Can't remember now but maybe it says in the book - if I weren't so stuck in the identify this deck game I'd go look. BOY am I stuck.....!

bladeraven said:
Think maybe the Marsailles?? It didn't look like the Rider-Waite and yet it was very bright and colorful

They were very fussy and accurate about historical detail in that movie. Marseilles would have been possible. RW definitely NOT - way too late. Zoni, Mitelli (but that has no colour), Gumppenberg, maybe ?

bladeraven

gregory said:
Can't remember now but maybe it says in the book - if I weren't so stuck in the identify this deck game I'd go look. BOY am I stuck.....!

They were very fussy and accurate about historical detail in that movie. Marseilles would have been possible. RW definitely NOT - way too late. Zoni, Mitelli (but that has no colour), Gumppenberg, maybe ?

LOL...we are talking Hollywood so I would be seriously surprised if it was accurate.....but if it was....I was thinking Marseilles too...but it takes place in Holland....but given Vermoor was rich .....I guess they could have imported a deck.....You mention a book!!??

gregory

Oh yes. By Tracy Chevalier (who has historical knowledge and who I believe was consulted about the movie.) And yes they were accurate; we even went to Delft to have a look cos we thought they had something about the churches wrong. They actually didn't !

She also wrote The Lady and the Unicorn, and Falling Angels (and Virgin Blue, but that isn't as good)

bladeraven

*drool*

gregory

Stoppit, just go down the library and borrow a few !!!!! }) New thing to spend money you don't have on !!!

bladeraven

gregory said:
Stoppit, just go down the library and borrow a few !!!!! }) New thing to spend money you don't have on !!!

LOL..on the phone with them as we speak...lol

Emeraldgirl

I never even noticed that scene in the movie. However in my defence I was falling asleep while I was watching it cause it was an in house movie on tv in a hotel where I was holidaying. I think I willbe renting it this weekend to have a good ook though.