when the tower comes falling down

Owlface

Hello everybody.

I don't often draw the Tower but when I did so on Wednesday evening , and in the "Near Future" position, my heart sank. When I heard on Thursday morning that the bombs had gone off in London ( I live in the North of England, but know London quite well, have family and friends there) it all fell horribly into place.

I'm just wondering if anyone here on the boards drew disturbing cards or had unusually downbeat readings just prior to this ?

On a much larger scale, Jung had repeated nightmares of burning houses, endless gunfire, etc. in the year or two leading up to the First World War.

thank you in advance.

rosyelf

LuckyFox

Hi

Its a shame anyone would do something like that.

I did not have bad cards prior to yesterday, but I did have a terrible dream that night.. It was very strange.. I remember a lot of confusion and people running everywhere. There were like cameramen who died in the explosion.. and they were putting them on stretchers and carting them away, but they were still holding their cameras right where they were before they passed.. It was like they were stiff.. Like they died standing up..
Very strange..

Yesterday my reading was:
Issue of day- 7 Swords.. strategy, planning from someone looking to cause ill will
How it will affect me- XIX the Sun.. my ability to generate warm feelings
On the bottom of the deck was the Hanged Man.. I saw this as a situation beyond my control :(

MareSaturni

I haven't drawn any cards, but i had a very restless dream in the night prior to the attack. Although it didn't show any explicit violence, i had that feeling of imminent danger...something coming, and making a big mess. I woke up scared and tired....then i read the newspaper and had that 'a-ha!' feeling.

Horrible, really. And i live so far away from London...but i have friends there, though, and i pray with all my heart they and their family are all right.

:TPW Yuko

Amond2000

Tower meaning:be prepared for rapid change
really?

caridwen

I did a Celtic Cross and drew The Tower in Environment. I couldn't imagine what it referred to. I was shocked when I woke the next day and heard the news.:(

Greywoolfe

I'm so glad that someone started this thread! I wouldn't have known how to start the topic otherwise..

I had what I can only describe as an unusual reading the night before the incident; we've had to get rid of builders who've done a terrible job on our new bathroom, and I was consulting the cards for some advice on the best way to put the situation right. The reading was unusual in that it was the first time I ever experienced the cards being 'sticky', and I was getting a muzzy headache and couldn't focus properly. It was probably because of this that I neglected to diarise the reading in my journal as I usually do, so I can't rightly remember most of the cards I drew- only the message I was given; I used my Cosmic deck, and a three-card spread.

Basically, the cards were telling me that I should consider myself to be fortunate, as my problem wasn't that serious, so I decided to pull another card at random for clarification, and got pretty much the same answer. I continued to draw cards for further clarification, and as I did, my head got worse, and I felt like the cards were being dragged through treacle; the whole reading was becomeing quite an ordeal. The next two cards I drew i remember vividly- the 3 of Swords, and Death. I know that Death doesn't necessarily mean death, but as the 3 was telling me that I will receive some unsettling news, it made me sit up and notice. I decided to finish the reading and go to bed to try to clear my head, and I woke up to the news of the bombings in London.

It was that evening I realised what the cards were trying to tell me; my wife and I work in two of the areas that were affected, and both my wife and I had days off that day. If we had gone to work, we would have been right in the middle of it. I truly consider myself to be fortunate now, and I'm now learning to be more receptive to what the cards tell me...

:T2C

Little Baron

I have always been a little fearful of the Tower, due to personal experience. However, in this case, thinking of 'change', I am hoping that despite the fact that so many people lost their lives and relatives/friends, something positive will result from the shake up. It is hard, while these wounds are still so fresh, to imagine what that could be.

LB

Owlface

These responses are so interesting. Thank you all very much.

Two of Cups, that's a very unsettling reading. And Lucky Fox, your drawing of 7 of Swords, someone planning something of ill-will, seems spot-on.

Why something that has not yet happened should create such unease in a variety of people and, indeed, appear to exist in the environment on some level is something I don't understand rationally. That such about-to-happen events do create nightmares, "treacly" Tarot readings and so on, is well-attested. I really must read more by Jung and Jungians on precognition.

Greywoolfe

rosyelf said:
These responses are so interesting. Thank you all very much.

Two of Cups, that's a very unsettling reading. And Lucky Fox, your drawing of 7 of Swords, someone planning something of ill-will, seems spot-on.

Why something that has not yet happened should create such unease in a variety of people and, indeed, appear to exist in the environment on some level is something I don't understand rationally. That such about-to-happen events do create nightmares, "treacly" Tarot readings and so on, is well-attested. I really must read more by Jung and Jungians on precognition.

My personal theory is that any event sends out psychic 'ripples' backwards and forwards in the fabric of spacetime, and these can be picked up by sensitive people, or those using divination of some kind. (I know this sounds a bit like Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld', but it makes sense to me!) An horrific event of this magnitude, like the London bombings or 9/11, will send out more ripples because of the sheer scale of the event. Whether these ripples are generated by the event itself or the people caught up in it I'm not sure- but looked at in this way, I seem to be able to make sense of the phenomenon. These psychic ripples could even be what caused my deck to go sticky.

:T2C

psychic sue

I too drew the Tower and Death on Wednesday - and I selfishly thought it was for me and started the whole "why me?" thing. I realise now just how lucky I am.