PDA

View Full Version : The Root Chakra and crystals

wizzle
11-07-2005, 07:01
I'm just starting to work with crystals and chakras. I know more about crystals. And while I understand the chakra's in a general sense, I can't quite figure out how to put a crystal on the root chakra. As I understand it, the root chakra is at the base of the spine. So how do you put a crystal there? Or do you?

Any help is much appreciated.

runwithwolves
12-07-2005, 02:33
heeheee, just got a visual of duct taping my garnet to the root chakra!

If you are laying while placing the stone/crystal just place it as close as possible. I like to place the crystals I'm using for my root chakra in the tub while I meditate and for clients I place them on the table as close as possible while still respecting their modesty. That may be around the knees :rolleyes: ;)

AJ
07-07-2011, 09:22
heeheee, just got a visual of duct taping my garnet to the root chakra!

I know, old post, thanks for today's laugh. And I miss wizzles informed posts.
I'm having an incredibly great day, all mine, no clients, no chores, just mine.
So I've been studying Chakras and I'm finding stones or crystals are like all the extra bits slapped onto tarot cards...use what you want.?!?

Have you chosen your own stones to suit your chakras
or have those of you that have studied long and hard found there to be a general consensus of stones/crystals amongst the experts?

214red
07-07-2011, 19:20
you can put it in your shoes, or if your doing a chakra excercise put it between your legs when lying down or standing up. you only need to bring your awareness to the root chakra, its the intention thats counts, also red knickers or pants work well, or red shoes or dots of red nail varnish on your soul of you shoe.....anything to bring the idea to your consciouness

214red
07-07-2011, 19:27
i also used gelena because my grounding was soo bad, its good but slightly toxic so wash hands after touching it

Rev_Vesta
08-07-2011, 13:06
I love working with Crystals and chakras...... for me personally when working with a client I find sometimes it is better to ask the client to apply the crystal to their base chakra or you can ask if you can apply it to as close as poss on the body.... I lay just above the knicker line with the sacral chakra just above it and then the solar plexus close to the Navel...or if on a massage table place crystals underneath the table.....

Do what you feel comfortable with, with the clients disccusion...

I love working with the Crystal Ally cards when working with Chakras or the Tibetan gemstone Oracle cards.... if I don't have a crystal that would suit the client....

it is about trusting inner self...

AJ
08-07-2011, 23:44
sorry, I misled my own post...ignore the idea of laying them out on a body.

what I was wondering is if you all just chose your own stones/crystals based on it's color to signify each chakra.
Because everywhere I've looked that seems to be what has happened.

Or is there a generally accepted stone/chakra guideline and I just haven't read enough to glom on.

cardlady22
09-07-2011, 00:57
AJ, you've set my mind off on another Investigation. :P
I don't think I've ever run across a site or book that says the specific reasoning. It appears to be color-based, with a bit of metaphysical property thrown in.

But . . . now I'm madly looking at "which crystal structure" for the ones that are most regularly listed. There's also the associated planet for each stone to try out.
http://www.galleries.com/minerals/symmetry/symmetry.htm
http://innerself.com/content/articles/personal-growth/astrology/psychological/4410-astrology-a-the-chakras.html

Henry M. Mason's Second Secret of Talismans:
*hexagonal/trigonal- seeker or simplifier
*isometric- enhancer or arranger
*monoclinic- guardian or dreamholder
*triclinic- barrier
*orthorhombic- dispeller or restorer
*tetragonal- attractor
**amorphous/organic- none

It may amount to nothing, but I'm having fun doing it! :laugh:

amethyst57
09-07-2011, 01:19
red garnet, black onyx, petrified wood , gray agate, and hematite provide grounding for the Root Chakra, too....

AJ
09-07-2011, 04:00
Petrified wood, that is a great one!