Ancient Egyptian Oracle

Shadowlynx

Has anyone heard/used the Ancient Egyptian Oracle (the cards or Ra-Maat) by Plaskett??

crystal dawn

Shadowlynx said:
Has anyone heard/used the Ancient Egyptian Oracle (the cards or Ra-Maat) by Plaskett??

HI Shadowlynx
I have this deck plus one spare set also. The deck itself relates quite strongly to the egyptian book of the dead , so if you have knowledge of this book then you should find the oracle fairly easy to use, if you dont then the oracle may seem quite complexed. The oracle is divided into 4 suites as far as i can remember which are called the pylons (pretty much correspond to the major arcana of the tarot), the arits (which correspond to the arits in the book of the dead) ,the cubits (these all consist of a black background with egyptian hieroglyphs on and several words describing what each card represents and are like a smaller version of the minor arcana of the tarot) and the deities (the court cards of the tarot). The images on these cards are fairly basic but they do give you an insight in the egyptian book of the dead and how this might work as an oracle.

blessings

crystal dawn

Shadowlynx

Hi Crystal Dawn!

I've seen this oracle on sale here in Oz, and was curious before buying it. There just wasn't that much info out there about it. I do know a bit about the Book of The Dead... Now my curiosity is well and truly peaked! Thanks so much CD, I appreciate it very much!! :)

SL.

crystal dawn

also i forgot to mention

Also i forgot to mention this oracle has now been deleted in the U.K. so there are very few copies left over here. I managed to pick a couple of them up from a local bookstore that happened to have a limited supply.

blessings

cd