What traits as a child would characterise you as a potential tarot reader?

rcb30872

Hi everyone

I have been reading through how to recognise a tarot reader, and it has got made me thinking, how could you recognise a potential tarot reader in a child? By looking at what kind of things you used to do as a child, would that help to put a pattern to it?

Like, for example, I have already mentioned that I loved doing jigsaw puzzles. Not only that, I love doing word puzzles, and have spent loads of time doing it as a child and as well as an adult. Things like find the word (sleuth), crosswords, fill-it-ins and all that sort of stuff. Another thing I had trouble keeping still, but if I had some knitting, tapestry or just writing I was fine, matter of fact I could sit there for hours and hours just doing that.

Anyone else got any interesting things about themselves as children would indicate something along the lines of their tarot reading talent??

Bec

seneris

As a child I could make up stories from everything... I think that would also be a trait for a tarot reader - finding connections between cards and weaving the 'story'.

TarotGirlJess

as a kid i loved reading stories, doing puzzles and i only had one or two friends.. no big crowds for me... as i got older i added quilting into things i do as well as other craft things. I think TV shows taht kids watch also play a part. if you are drawn to the movies about psychic and the unknown, it helps develop your intrest in it.. IMHO
TGJ

Little Baron

When I was a kid, I was very interested in the 'unknown'. I would always drag out this big book that someone bought me which had three large sections - ghosts, monsters and UFO's. I was so enchanted and fascinated by The Lock Ness Monster and finding out whether it actually existed.

I was also quite a secretive child, enjoying keeping hidden journals and the like. Maybe that has something to do with the 'hidden secrets' within the tarot.

Also, due to my parents, I was always quite a visually inspired child and quite artistic. I have always been interested in art and picture books. I wish someone had picked up on all of this then and had given me a deck. I would love to have seen how I would work with the cards now if I had begun to adapt to their messages at a much younger age and with some innocence.

Best,
LB

Elven

I have a friend who has a little boy who is 10 years old. Since I have known him from the age of 7, he has had the most vivid imagination. He makes my jaw drop and my head spin with some of his creations. His story telling and complicated plots are hidden in between many layers of reality.
He constantly says: 'Do you see what this really means', and 'do you know what this really is?'
A simple drawing of his has many symbols and many stories running at the same time in the one picture. Even if I cant see all of them - I certainly know what he's trying to get at and explain.

Maybe he would be a good reader. Unfortunately he is not encouraged in this area. Pity! Theres huge potential in that little boy! He'd also be a great detective or novelist I think!

Many Blessings
Elven x

Kiama

I have yet to come across a child who would not make an astounding Tarot reader. ;)

Kiama

psychic sue

I agree with Kiama - all kids are so open minded, they would make great readers.

My son (15) uses a Pendulum and has seen and heard the spirits that live in our house. He wants to learn the tarot too, but not til he is a little older.

I have started reading books on Palmistry recently, and I noticed that my mom, my son and indeed myself all have the "etheric" triangle and the "Healing Striata" very prominent on our palms.

rcb30872

TarotGirlJess said:
as a kid i loved reading stories, doing puzzles and i only had one or two friends.. no big crowds for me... as i got older i added quilting into things i do as well as other craft things. I think TV shows taht kids watch also play a part. if you are drawn to the movies about psychic and the unknown, it helps develop your intrest in it.. IMHO
TGJ
Now that you mention it, I used to be very solitary, never had a huge crowd of friends. I left that up to my brothers, who had heaps and heaps of friends. I was your typical stay at home child, and if it wasn't doing that I was exploring nature, whether with one or two other people or by myself.
seneris said:
As a child I could make up stories from everything... I think that would also be a trait for a tarot reader - finding connections between cards and weaving the 'story'.
I know what you mean, I used to start of a story quite straight forward and the more and more I would tell the story the more and more it got far-fetched, which I was able to make up on the spot, but I was told that I was silly, stupid and weird, which put a stop to that.

Another thing I can remember, there is music talent in the family, I can't sing or really play an instrument, but I used to be able to write and read music quite well. Those clueless crosswords, absolutely love them.

I think anything like that where you have used your brain to fill in the gaps or to get the pieces to fit together, as in a jigsaw puzzle seems to me to developing and fine tuning these skills that could make you into a good tarot reader. Just in my opinion.

Bec

PlatinumDove

I used to be solitary as well, still am. But as a child, the neighbors would comment on what a vivid imagination I had.

Zephyros

Like LittleBuddha, I was always interested in the supernatural and other related things. As a child, it revolved around ghost stories, books about witches, magic etc. Now these were children's books, but it always stayed with me, this facination of what was un-provable. I suppose I was always a philosophical child, debating moral questions and such things. Then, it all came to Tarot, which afforded me a window on to what I was interested in, and, as opposed to other forms of divination or Magick, was easily accessible.

Now, when I was 13 I was mainly interested in what I percieved as the "sorcerous" aspect of Tarot; I was mainly interested in learning things, and I thought Tarot would give me the answers. In time, my ideas developed and I learned more.

In short, I suppose everything evolves, even ideas and yearnings. From childish aspirations to be a powerful sorcerer (yes, puberty) it has all led me here, to Aeclectic!